Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

11.50 B4 is 'KILLER!

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Nice review Mitch, but Jose ain't going no where near Vulkan until I read that the blurry textures have been addressed. I envy you sir! 😃

Just make a second XP installation and play with the beta in that one , leaving your 11.41 untouched...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Nice review Mitch, but Jose ain't going no where near Vulkan until I read that the blurry textures have been addressed. I envy you sir! 😃

Jose what are you running?  As you can see, even from 27,000 feet...Orbx Florida TE HD is incredible and razor sharp.  I have a 12 GB RAM (max for M.B.) , I run my sim as you see, and off of a lowly GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB, and am pulling this kind of performance.  I would believe that if I CAN...ANYBODY with a much more up-to-date CPU/GPU could pull rings around me.  Is there something then off on your setting, perhaps?  My system is a great one, but sadly dated by today's CPU/GPU combos...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hopkinsstevea said:

To make it better try setting wave height to "0.0" and implement reflections they look great,anything other than "0.0" makes the reflections terrible its a known bug 

Can you just run me through the manual edit...if you can.  I haven't done that for so long...manually figgled with XP.   I'd appreciate that. Now...you mean water  wave height, right? That would be good to try out.  I was so bummed...I mean...BUMMED out by reports of L.M.'s nVidia WaveWorks v2.0 implementation, as reported and user-snaps came in.  I was so pumped for that over the last two days.  If I can make my waves within XP11.50(x) look even better, I'd most appreciate the 'here's where you go, here's what you do,  look down at this...post.  Thanks in advance.  I have had the REFLECTIONS (I guess by default set to 0.0) as high as Medium HIGH (the second Medium) and lose about 3-5 FPS, so down to about 24/26 FPS with that enabled.  

Edited by Sesquashtoo

15 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jose what are you running?  As you can see, even from 27,000 feet...Orbx Florida TE HD is incredible and razor sharp.  I have a 12 GB RAM (max for M.B.) , I run my sim as you see, and off of a lowly GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB, and am pulling this kind of performance.  I would believe that if I CAN...ANYBODY with a much more up-to-date CPU/GPU could pull rings around me.  Is there something then off on your setting, perhaps?  My system is a great one, but sadly dated by today's CPU/GPU combos...

i7 2600K & GTX 1070. It doesn't say that the blurry textures (B4) have been fixed. I might try it, but honestly, I'm skeptical!

I tied B1, B2, and B3 and they all have yielded blurry photo textures in my ORBX TE world.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

i7 2600K & GTX 1070. It doesn't say that the blurry textures (B4) have been fixed. I might try it, but honestly, I'm skeptical!

I tied B1, B2, and B3 and they all have yielded blurry photo textures in my ORBX TE world.

Jose,  my pics don't lie....Talk,---> talks,....B.S. walks,...pics confirm, and always will...."as they say, if there are no pics...IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!"   ROTFLMBO!  Good luck!  BTW, you need to run XP for about 5 minutes, for I have found, XP (Vulkan) for lack of a better more technical term...'zeros' in, and all of a sudden your ground textures, and everything else 'focuses' and then stays focused for ten minutes, for ten hours.  Let the sim run for at least 5 minutes and you should see the 'get down to business' focusing effect that I am typing about.  Again, the above shots are with a 7 year old Dell XPS 730x with an i7-975 Extreme 4 core/12 GB total system RAM/EVGA FTW (For The Win)  GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB GPU.

Whether flying XP 11.50 (whatever except for B1) or P3D 4.5HF2, I get great visuals, take it to the bank full session stability, and couldn't be happier, waiting it out..for the Big Guy, I guess...🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

This is funny, because I have noticed a definite drop in frame rate from b3 to b4...

Russ

Interesting...as they say I guess...because of different system internals and combo's...YMMV.

27 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jose,  my pics don't lie....Talk,---> talks,....B.S. walks,...pics confirm, and always will...."as they say, if there are no pics...IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!"   ROTFLMBO!  Good luck!  BTW, you need to run XP for about 5 minutes, for I have found, XP (Vulkan) for lack of a better more technical term...'zeros' in, and all of a sudden your ground textures, and everything else 'focuses' and then stays focused for ten minutes, for ten hours.  Let the sim run for at least 5 minutes and you should see the 'get down to business' focusing effect that I am typing about.  Again, the above shots are with a 7 year old Dell XPS 730x with an i7-975 Extreme 4 core/12 GB total system RAM/EVGA FTW (For The Win)  GTX1070 (non Ti) 8GB GPU.

Whether flying XP 11.50 (whatever except for B1) or P3D 4.5HF2, I get great visuals, take it to the bank full session stability, and couldn't be happier, waiting it out..for the Big Guy, I guess...🙂

OK. You convinced me. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

This is funny, because I have noticed a definite drop in frame rate from b3 to b4...

Russ

however.

it takes about 2 hours to compile all the shaders you need for maximum stable performance, until then things they drive will be missing (like shadows) and performance will be degraded as it compiles them as you fly.

but when you get there... Ohhh boy.

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Can't beat a little over-enthusiasm for a new X-Plane version.

Probably good for the stock market too.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:32 PM, mSparks said:

it takes about 2 hours to compile all the shaders you need for maximum stable performance, until then things they drive will be missing (like shadows) and performance will be degraded as it compiles them as you fly.

I didn't know that! It does seem to have sped up some since my original post. Thanks for the info!!

Russ

• Like 1

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

9 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

I didn't know that! It does seem to have sped up some since my original post. Thanks for the info!!

Russ

Its actually listed as a known bug

XPD-10506 First run shader creation is super slow.

One to watch because not simple to fix, I think they may end up needing to make it part of the installer.

AutoATC Developer

On 4/17/2020 at 9:12 PM, mSparks said:

Its actually listed as a known bug

XPD-10506 First run shader creation is super slow.

One to watch because not simple to fix, I think they may end up needing to make it part of the installer.

I saw where it said it was slow, but didn't realize they meant THAT slow! Wow!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

I would personally take that "2 hour" statement with a grain of salt. As in totally unfounded, actually.

The compilation of shaders takes place before the simulator launches - i.e. you find yourself in the aircraft. This may take quite some time when the shaders first compile (first run).

When the simulator is running, it just juggles the texture requirements - it will load "sharper textures" with a little delay - like in a fraction of a second.

At least that is what Ben Supnik and Austin Meyer said...but what do they know? 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Janov said:

As in totally unfounded, actually.

If it took

https://developer.x-plane.com/2020/04/why-is-my-pipeline-null/

Why not just build every pipeline we could ever possibly need? Load time. X-Plane can build hundreds of thousands of pipelines depending on rendering settings, scenery packs, custom aircraft, etc. We actually did “just build everything” early in our development process and the sim could take half an hour to load.

Doing them all in one go before the sim starts, it will take a lot longer doing them slowly while the sim is running.

actually.

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

If it took

https://developer.x-plane.com/2020/04/why-is-my-pipeline-null/

Doing them all in one go before the sim starts, it will take a lot longer doing them slowly while the sim is running.

actually.

And thats why they decided to only do the pipelines they think they need. And hence the "pipeline null" errors, if they encounter one they didn´t load.

It does not mean that they build the pipelines (or shaders) on the fly. They did not say that they are doing it slowly while the sim is running.

If they did that, we wouldn´t have the pipeline null problem.

Jan