Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

11.50 B4 is 'KILLER!

13 hours ago, Janov said:

And thats why they decided to only do the pipelines they think they need. And hence the "pipeline null" errors, if they encounter one they didn´t load.

build.

They need to build it before they use it

36fa7a8e228fb571ec9f726046593178?s=50&d=Ben Supnik says:

Yes in two ways.
1. Before the start of the flight, the start of the flight is _held off_ until all compilation finishes.
2. During flight, everything new loads in the background, and isn’t allowed to be used until compilation completes too.

Which I believe (although I could be wrong) is why shadows on scenery take a few minutes to show up after first install for example. (often seen as people saying - including me - "shadows on scenery dont work")

I said 2 hours because that was roughly what it took before I generally stopped seeing hefty dips in frames.

And others not dissimilar to

On 4/18/2020 at 3:01 AM, b1bmsgt said:

I didn't know that! It does seem to have sped up some since my original post. Thanks for the info!!

Russ

____

looking in more detail, I'm not sure this can go in the installer - I think the only real fix is to improve the speed of the compiler or live with it.

Or its a bug related to something else that needs caching after first install.

Either way, I've seen it on two clean installs, an update and after deleting my shader cache folder, so I'm sticking with "b4 it takes a while before it stops slowing down some after first install"

Its not bad slow down either, just 50fps instead of 80fps

AutoATC Developer

Well, I don´t know enough about the inner workings of X-Plane to rule this out. I guess Laminar may also still experiment and juggle with the way they are doing it.

It would think that a framerate dip of almost half is quite significant and would be noticed by many, though.

I tend to use my X-Plane in the same two or three starting locations and get very comparable framerates every time I load it. So far I have been using beta 4 in excess of 5 hours and haven´t seen a noticeable change in framerate at all.

Systems may vary, of course.

We can always try when the next beta comes out and I will make sure to ask Ben in the comments if your theory is true.

Jan

56 minutes ago, Janov said:

I tend to use my X-Plane in the same two or three starting locations and get very comparable framerates every time I load it. So far I have been using beta 4 in excess of 5 hours and haven´t seen a noticeable change in framerate at all.

I doesn't particular matter, not to get anyone excited but

The haven't even started on the performance optimisation yet, B4 was just more "get it working" for people

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Should I be using any other driver than 445.87 to run by second copy of X Plane (b4) ?  Ita a 1080Ti btw

I been using the latest beta without any issues with Laminar Research aircraft's. I am waiting for my 3rd party aircraft's to update since some will not work properly and this is quite normal since 11.50 is beta. There is a sale on for Carenado aircraft's and I am  looking to purchase a business jet. I am hesitating since Carenado updates are not as frequent as other developers. Is there anyone that is using either S550 Citation, 390 Premier 1a or FA50EX with beta 11.50B4?

Edited by michelh

The most important question of all (sarcasm): Can I finally open my Steam-overlay?

Last time I googled that, it was mentioned to be too complicated to realize. Maybe that changed with Vulkan? 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

9 hours ago, michelh said:

Is there anyone that is using either S550 Citation, 390 Premier 1a or FA50EX with beta 11.50B4?

I am using the Citation. It's decent and fun to fly.

But there is a problem with business jets in XP in general. Most of them are ports from great P3D jets, but they lack an implementation of either the FMC or SID / STARS on the G1000.

To me, it's an immersion killer par excellence to have a great aircraft overall, but then pop up the Laminar default FMC.

If you don't mind, you will be happy.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

11 hours ago, michelh said:

I been using the latest beta without any issues with Laminar Research aircraft's. I am waiting for my 3rd party aircraft's to update since some will not work properly and this is quite normal since 11.50 is beta. There is a sale on for Carenado aircraft's and I am  looking to purchase a business jet. I am hesitating since Carenado updates are not as frequent as other developers. Is there anyone that is using either S550 Citation, 390 Premier 1a or FA50EX with beta 11.50B4?

What they do updates, naah, must of being your imagination/