Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

ORBX Vector and V5

I'm reading conflicting reports on various forums that Vector is no longer needed in the V5 as LM did a good job with various road networks and coastal lines,  but cannot find a solid source (ORBX). Could someone please shed a light on this situation.

Thanks

Thank you, folks.

Just wondering what response F1 UT developers have for V5. Perhaps it's worth to switch to substitute Vector

Edited by G-YMML1

...really sorry for UTX 😞

At this point, it depends on how hard it will be to support P3D V5 and how much popularity it is going to get.    For Flight Sim developers, nearly the entire industry is currently at a stalemate with no sense of real direction.   Everyone, including myself, is kind of in a wait and see situation with everything.    At the same time, this also appears true for customers and potential customers.    

XpressSim was configured to make it pretty easy to add support for new versions of P3D.    UTX is not and would require major repackaging.   

FS 2020 of course will completely eliminate vector-based scenery products and possibly even eliminate cityscape-type projects for the 300 cities that use photogrammetry data.   The question is, how many people will make the jump ?    Some for sure will stick with FSX/P3D because of the investments already made.  P3D is an awesome product.    I hope it can still carve out a nice niche of the market.

I have personally been a FSX commercial scenery developer for 16 years now.   It has been an incredible run.   But, for the first time in 16 years, I don't know what the future holds or if there is a future for many scenery developers.   Many questions won't be answered until FS2020 is eventually released and the trickle down effect can take place regarding other simulators.

To those still here, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a customer all this time.  I have been extremely blessed.   We have had a huge amount of customers in the last 16 years come and go.    I can probably count on one hand the number of people that have been troublesome.    That is amazing.

Anyway, to get back to P3D V5.   I probably won't know how hard it will be to support until the product is released and we see how well it is received.    Of course, I would like to see it supported.  

• Like 2

Going back to ORBX....If I have Global and LC products...will they work without Vector?

What hasn’t been clear to me — does this mean that in 5 the coastlines are actually done properly for most of the world? Africa and Asia in particular were horrific by default in 4.

If so, have to give LM credit for doing something well (albeit long overdue) in this release.

James

Being able to ditch Vector and all the addon airport elevation issues was worth it enough to pay another $60 for v5

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

28 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Being able to ditch Vector and all the addon airport elevation issues was worth it enough to pay another $60 for v5

Addon mesh introduced way more elevation issues than vector ever had. Vector was just easiest to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Addon mesh introduced way more elevation issues than vector ever had. Vector was just easiest to blame. 

Yep the AEC tool also always corrected all elevation issues for me

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I guess user experiances are varied. When I tried Vector, no matter what I tried (even the AEC tool) I always had hills between the runway and between taxiways at 0s9 (orbx scenery). A few times after piddling with different methods I'd get the hill nixed, next flight, the hills would be back. I love flying in and out of that airport. So removed Vector - oh happy day. (Haven't installed v5 yet)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

yes finally we can get rid of the vector😇

at least we saved on buying a vector and and it seems even on the mesh🤓

P4.5+Vector

Spoiler

p4.jpg

P5 stok

Spoiler

vector.jpg

Edited by niksan29

37 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

When I tried Vector, no matter what I tried (even the AEC tool) I always had hills between the runway and between taxiways at 0s9 (orbx scenery).

That sounds more like a lack of or incorrect library insertion point error. Nothing to do with vector.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

18 minutes ago, niksan29 said:

yes finally we can get rid of the vector😇

at least we saved on buying a vector and and it seems even on the mesh🤓

P4.5+Vector

Hide contents

p4.jpg

P5 stok

Hide contents

vector.jpg

Seriosly? the second screen is horrible