Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Vertx DA-62 In P3d V5

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

That's all true Bert. I have also wondered about the DA-62 in MSFS promotions. I guess that could also be his work. I don't think it was done by Carenado. A MS contract and NDA could buy a lot of silence.

Silence over a product for P3D too? Not likely. 

However, if Vertx is working on MSFS then we should assume that all the talk about family illness was a bunch of lies. 

I personally do not believe Sean would allow lies about his family's health to circulate in order to cover up work on MSFS.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, pracines said:

Silence over a product for P3D too? Not likely. 

However, if Vertx is working on MSFS then we should assume that all the talk about family illness was a bunch of lies. 

I personally do not believe Sean would allow lies about his family's health to circulate in order to cover up work on MSFS.

We all have opinions.😉

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

We now need a tutorial on how to get the airplane working in P3D v5. Unfortunately I do not have P3D v5 so I can not test. Good luck everyone.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, pemigris said:

to install the plane if both sims are installed:

Copy "Vertx DA62" folder from C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
to C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files

copy XMLTools64.dll from p3d v4 root folder to p3d v5 root folder

add 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

to dll.xml in p3d v5 program data directory. If there is no one, create one with this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Hello i try your solution the AP  and flight plan no function  this plane need an update ...

waiting for

Thank Pimigris i can fly with DA62

Patrick

I was talking to Sean back in January 2019.  Then silence...  I tried to reach him via FB messenger, which their FB is now also gone, around May/June but didn't got a reply for about three months later.  It was not the owner, but one of the guys helping out on support.  Sorry I don't remember his name, and since the FB page is gone I can't try ask again.  He mentioned that he had not heard from Sean in about two months, he hinted at a sense of gloom on that.  I didn't hear Sean was sick, but I heard the same rumor on the dev for Taxi2Gate; common rumor I guess.  So not sure what is going on.  Hopefully he or his family is ok and that he just needed time away.  Guess I will use it for v4 for a while longer.

Jhan

Edited by StarBlue

Just for info could get it to work but Vram was sky high to much for me to fly or any time nearly 1.5gig higher than any other plane I have tried probably because not optimised for DX12

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I have the Vertx DA62 Working OK as instructed above. VRam seems ok with Orbx basics. The cockpit seems a little dark to me. Did anyone solve that little problem. I think it was mentioned elsewhere but no solution that I saw. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

i also have Vertx DA62 working as instucted above

vram fairly high sometimes went over 8gb default airport no weather

thanks for instuctions 

jeff storey

Thanks pemigris for the xmltools tip.

In order to save disk space users of P3D v4 and 5 can use, for instance, linkshellextension; 

https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

Pick link source of DA62 folder in v4 addons and drop as clone of symbolic link in v5 addons, the clone is 0 bits file.

The DA62 of MSFS2020 is developed in house by ASOBO.

Edited by Keosden

8 hours ago, Keosden said:

Thanks pemigris for the xmltools tip.

In order to save disk space users of P3D v4 and 5 can use, for instance, linkshellextension; 

https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

Pick link source of DA62 folder in v4 addons and drop as clone of symbolic link in v5 addons, the clone is 0 bits file.

The DA62 of MSFS2020 is developed in house by ASOBO.

Is it gonna help with the VRAM usage ?

On 4/16/2020 at 11:01 PM, ComSimPilot said:

Okay! I think I made what you said and it worked. I used a fake Prepar3Dv4 directory to install the XMLTools64.dll and added the entry in the dll.xml

However unfortunately the lighting is way off. The screens are not in good quality and the exterior is very dark. I'll keep it uninstalled hoping the developer will fix it and make it compatible. Though I have lost hope on it.

I followed the advice to get the airplane in V5 and it looks very well. I have no problems with the screens and/or the cockpit. I tried with and without HDR, all looking good. Have you maybe set some settings very high / very low? I use mid settings everywhere.

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Did some one have  news for upgrade this marvelous plane in V5

if you like to fly with for estétique ok but without all functionnal instruments and PA ...

Patrick

How to for a maximum compatibility

when you install the DA62 .exe after log pass etc say OK when at prompt you see in the installer only change

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62,  V4 By V5 you obtain // C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62.exe

and tipe OK

Copy /past from  C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx  **  XMLTools64.dll ** in the root folder of P3Dv5

Verify if  this line are effective in

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 folder     dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
       <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
       <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

if not Edit with NotePad and register