Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Vertx DA-62 In P3d V5

On 8/8/2020 at 4:39 AM, TBryson2 said:

This is just too good of an aircraft to let it go into mothballs.  I followed pemigris'  instructions on pg 2, (mostly) and believe I have a simpler solution (if you have P3Dv4) on getting it installed into P3Dv5.  (You should already have it installed in P3Dv4)  It works great, but one concern is the instrument panel (in v5) is a bit blurry, (mip or nomip selected).  I haven't tested it, but even if you don't have P3Dv4, there might be a way to get it to work for you also, (see below).

THANK YOU Pemigris for the instructions on pg 2!  I had everything except for the entry in the dll.xml file.

Instead of copying the Vertx DA62 folder from v4 into v5, I simply created Vertx DA62 folder in the P3Dv5 Add-Ons and then created a "add-on.xml" file that simply pointed to the existing DA62 folder in P3Dv4 Add-Ons.  This way, I can make changes to the DA62 using the config program and it will carry over into P3Dv5.  Also, your not eating up disk space duplicating the aircraft twice.

my "add-on.xml" file looks like:  (of course, substitute my name for yours...)

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Fonts</Category>
        <Path>Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Scripts</Category>
        <Path>Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

In experimenting, I was able to "install" the aircraft into any folder of my choice.  For those without v4, First create a blank Prepar3D v4 folder.  Thensimply run the install program and choose that folder to install to.    Then follow Pemigris's instructions on pg 2 of this thread.  MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE "add-on.xml" FILE APPROPRIATELY!

Hi,

I'm trying to install DA62 in my P3Dv5.1hf.
I see in your post that you put the installation path pointing to P3Dv4 in "Category". Shouldn't it be in "Path"?

Whatever I do P3Dv5.1 does not "see" my DA 62.

Currently my DA 62 is installed in P3Dv4 at this address:
E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62

For P3Dv5 I created the Vertx DA62 folder in E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62 in which I created an add-on.xml file written as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Fonts</Category>
    <Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Fonts</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Scripts</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I still don't see the DA 62 in P3Dv5. Please, a suggestion on what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Well, I solved the problem. I had to put the folder with the XML in C:\Users\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.
With this method it is indeed not necessary to copy the plane from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5.

On the other hand, the flight plan will not appear in the MFD, you will have to enter it by hand which with a complete PV is tedious!
Not to mention the lack of Star/Sid and so...

Nevertheless, I was able to make a great Mineapolis Chicago flight without any problem. I'm glad to have been able to find this plane under P3Dv5.1.

We can only hope that an update will appear one day soon (No problem, I know the reasons why it is not the case yet).

One last thing on my system, this plane doesn't seem to support RTSS.

When I loaded the DLL, I conditioned it manually so that I don't have to load it when I fly another plane...

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

@DrumsArt, is the flight plan loaded into P3D? Won’t it just pick it up by default?

I don’t have v5 so sorry if it’s a daft question. I wouldn’t have thought that aspect wouldn’t have been broken by running in v5.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@DrumsArt, is the flight plan loaded into P3D? Won’t it just pick it up by default?

I don’t have v5 so sorry if it’s a daft question. I wouldn’t have thought that aspect wouldn’t have been broken by running in v5.

Go figure, I just tried again today and...the FP loaded in P3D is recognized in the G1000! All is well, sorry, yesterday I don't understand what happened...

She works like a charm!😎

Richard.

EDIT: Okay, I know what happened with the FP. If I load the FP during the Scenario Startup Screen, the G1000 doesn't take it into account. It is necessary to load it once the plane is positioned on the airport.

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 2

Richard Portier

Thank you Pemigris, Patrick, Terry and Richard. And to others who I may have missed.

Finally got this to work as well in P3D v5. Never used it in v4 as I did not have a working PC then.

Need a new VGA Card though, my 6GB 1060 could not handle the graphics if set to Ultra 🙂

My steps:

1. Registry trick to allow installer;
  2. DLL.XML edit 
  3. add-on.xml edit to reflect install path
2020-12-8_22-26-55-194

2020-12-8_22-28-19-484

VertxDA62

I copied the Vertx DA62 folder from my p3Dv4.5 laptop into my new PC P3Dv5.1 Addons and made the prescribed changes from pg 2:

copy XMLTools64.dll from p3d v4 root folder to p3d v5 root folder

add 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
       <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

to dll.xml in p3d v5 program data directory

The aircraft works flawlessly (all systems functing all good lighting) but when I try to start the aircraft configurator app (via .exe in add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx folder) the configurator starts to run and then I get the following error message followed by app closure:

A28709-F2-7-A7-F-48-C0-AEEF-3-B518-B2479

Any ideas how to get that straightened out?   I really don’t need the configurator app except for when it comes time to replenish the O2 canister.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

You need to make some registry information modifications to make Config Tool work.

Add new key folder to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin called "Prepar3d v4" and then add 2 new string values into folder.

The first string value needs to be renamed License and modify string value, if you have "Academic" version you need to put "Academic" into string value( License - Academic)

The second one string value need to be renamed SetupPath and modify string value to ex. "D:\Prepar3d v4", that will cheat Config tool to think that you have Prepar3d v4 installed and it works fine.

Edited by ToniH
  • Like 2

Toni Hiltunen,

Scenery Designer, Freeflow Beta Team

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

@Tokitaumelie, @ToniH, @TBryson2, @pemigris

I've been trying for a few hours now and I can't get the config tool to work.

My regedit: https://ibb.co/r7MHy2F

1st Error I get when running the config tool: https://ibb.co/8bG3td4

2nd Error i het when the tool has started, thereafter it automatically closes https://ibb.co/1n3qwsy

I really want to fly this aircraft in V5 so any help is appreciated. The aircraft is working in my sim, including all panels and lights.

Maikel van der Heijden

4 hours ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

@Tokitaumelie, @ToniH, @TBryson2, @pemigris

I've been trying for a few hours now and I can't get the config tool to work.

My regedit: https://ibb.co/r7MHy2F

1st Error I get when running the config tool: https://ibb.co/8bG3td4

2nd Error i het when the tool has started, thereafter it automatically closes https://ibb.co/1n3qwsy

I really want to fly this aircraft in V5 so any help is appreciated. The aircraft is working in my sim, including all panels and lights.

Maikel van der Heijden

Hi Maikel

Others will probably let you know how to migrate your v4 settings/files into v5 to get it working.

For me, i simply followed the registry tweak in the following video to set things up, from then on, it was a direct install of the v4 installer.

Hope this helps

@TokitaumelieThank you for your quick response. I've followed the youtube video posted and now I have the config tool working and I can select the aircraft in my sim. Thank you very much!

I've 1 more issue to solve and that is I don't hear any sound in the VC. I installed the aircraft in my documents>Prepar3D v5 Add-ons and the add-on.xml inside the Vertx DA62 map looks like this:

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>C:\Users\maike\OneDrive\Documenten\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>C:\Users\maike\OneDrive\Documenten\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Fonts</Category>
        <Path>C:\Users\maike\OneDrive\Documenten\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scripts</Category>
        <Path>C:\Users\maike\OneDrive\Documenten\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I have the XMLTools64.dll in my main Prepar3D v5 folder, and this is the dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon
</SimBase.Document>

Is the path of the XMLTools64.dll correct?

Maybe I should just let this aircraft fly into the night....

Edited by Maikel van der Heijden
New info added

I think I know what I've done wrong. During istallation I promted the installer to install in my documents V5 add-on folder. I now reinstalled it in a dummy v4 add-on folder and made an xml file in my document v5 add-on folder. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you once more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

I think I know what I've done wrong. During istallation I promted the installer to install in my documents V5 add-on folder. I now reinstalled it in a dummy v4 add-on folder and made an xml file in my document v5 add-on folder. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you once more.

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

@pemigris, thank you very much for providing the instructions to port the DA62 into P3Dv5.

I couldn't find the XMLTools entry in the dll.xml in Program Data. Instead it was in Appdata\Roaming\LM\P3Dv4 so I copied and pasted the entry in the v5 equivalent.

Everything appears to be working and with Dynamic Lighting much improved in v5 I'm looking forward to some sunrise / sunset flights. :smile:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is anyone able to download it? I try and download it from my account at the Vertex site and nothing happens. 

Update: Disregard. I had to copy the link and open it in a different window. 

Edited by Dimka

I picked this up the other day, great airplane! I do find it quite heavy on FPS though, compared to some others. 

Definitely worth picking it up before it disappears!

:)

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/