Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D4.5HF3 and Orbx - General Update Observation.

Hi,

While the dust settles on V5 with HF in few weeks; I will see if I really need to move to it immediately or not.  It could look like LM is gonna support 2 platforms P3D4.5HF3 and v5.  Can someone confirm?  Why release HF3 if you are not going to support it.

I installed on a brand new os build, and performance was good.  It feels very stable and smooth.  I will post my settings shortly.

Using 2070 RTX, 4K and Overclocked to 4.4 - HT ON (12 cores total)

1) Orbx Install - I mean everything was installed outside.  This was a surprise, looks like Orbx fixed the Global bugs (Global and openLC NA) and it allowed me to install outside.  I skipped Vector b/c that doodoo ain't getting updated anymore (you know there is dev drama behind the scenes with that one) - and then the FTX Regions.  I am just gonna fly Regions anyway.  

On my quest to have all addons outside - the sim is working flawlessly.  

2) MaddogX is working fine (latest openbeta) - yay for installing outside sim root.  

On Orbx KSAN with Orbx Socal - I am getting 42ish fps with MaddogX and Active Sky + ASCA clouds

3) Other addons installed - FSUIPC v5 and Active Sky/ASCA Clouds

Waiting on FSLabs update - guess what they also install outside.

I can't put my finger on it - but HF3 feels very smooth and stable.  It is better than HF2 that is for sure.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Happy you like it... HF2 is very smooth and stable too (at least for me)    :cool:

Whenever you install something from scratch, it will feel better, in my experience..

Bert

1 minute ago, QuaxTheSnoopie said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...and never touch a running system 😁

Hear hear!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Installed Today HT3. 
I saw few post about + 10-15 fps more with this patch. For me its placebo maybe but I have near 80-144 of FPS before and now.

I didnt notice any issue. Just no TacPack for this version yet.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 4/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, mobiel said:

Does actual tomato work with HF3?

I'm also interested for an answer about this.

I am sticking with v4.5HF2 for now. I do not see any reason to update to HF3.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, eXpress48 said:

I'm also interested for an answer about this.

Yes 

Don't know if it is HF3 or my new CPU upgrade ( I9 9900k)

But I just did a test at FlyTampa KLAS with quite high settings  and I am getting 33-39 FPS landing with the NGXu with the city and airport in view.

Before ( with the 8086k I had ) I was barely hitting 30.

So maybe the CPU or a comination of both?