Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Prepar3D V5, V4 and V2 comparison

So these 3 videos show my usual performance test flight scenario. There are not identical.

Its far from a great comparison. The time of day and weather are easier on the system in V5 flight.

The setting are at the end of the V5 Video and unfortunately I forgot the to display the FPS and VRAM.

FPS was always 30fps

They are all the full flight with about a 30knot wind gusting out of the west. I flew through a cloud in the V5 Video.

A cloud moving upwind! :dry: Also I flew low over the water. There's well over an hour off video here so sip through.😁

Anyway Judge for yourselves:

Prepar3D V5:

6:40 in for close look at flying through cloud. (there is definitely a bug here since clouds are moving up wind, going the wrong direction)

11.30 in for close look at water

Prepar3D V4:

12.40 in for low over water

Prepar3D V2:

12:10 in for low over water

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very interesting.

How did you get the A2A Cherokee into v5?   I mean, I could simply copy the various files and folders, and dig up all the gauges and dependencies, but I'm wondering if you did that, or something else?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

One of the better demo videos I've seen. Nice job.   

• Like 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

46 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

One of the better demo videos I've seen. Nice job.

It didn't end well though. I am in hospital right now with two broken legs and to make matters worse the the guy in the bed beside me has Covid20. 😭🤮

That's what I get for landing in crosswinds far in excess of what the aircraft can handle🤣

Great V5 video. Can I ask you what monitor size you have and what is your zoom level?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

It didn't end well though. I am in hospital right now with two broken legs and to make matters worse the the guy in the bed beside me has Covid20. 😭🤮

That's what I get for landing in crosswinds far in excess of what the aircraft can handle🤣

You had the approach nailed, I was just waiting for you to kick the rudder in and drop the wing then "cut to settings page", I figured then it didn't end as planned! LOL

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Covid 20? An upgrade from 19...just like v5 from v4? 😆

Wishes for a speedy recovery!

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Thanks for the comparison videos. It reinforces my inclination to stick with my 4.5 rather than part with the money then start back down the road of which addons work and all the headaches of getting a new sim to the level you want. That's just me but I think it was kind as well as helpful of you to post this. Looking forward to more videos by users with the new sim in action especially with PMDG and Leonardo birds.

Vic green

After watching these again on my computer monitor instead of my tablet I fully recant my above statement. V5 does look better and seems much smoother. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Vic green