Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Add-ons which work in P3D V5

Figured it would be useful for people to list what they have got working okay in P3D V5. So feel free to add your contributions...

Thus far, I've got the following either working in, or in conjunction with P3D v5:

RealTurb: RealVolmet.

Just Flight: Air Hauler 2.

Lionheart Creations: Bellanca Viking.

Orbx: Global LC Europe, EU England, Chase Plane (migrated from Old Prop).

FSAddon: Bristol Freighter.

FS Design Studio: My own hangar scenery.

UK2000: Liverpool John Lennon Airport EGGP.

IndiaFoxTecho: E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound.

Carenado: Beechcraft D-18S.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

PMDG NGXu. Just rename P3D v5 folder to P3D v4 then run the installer. Run operations center to get any updates. Install any liveries etc. when your done rename your P3D folder back to v5. Not that hard. Works great.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

F1 GTN 650/750 works in P3Dv5 by design.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

With some tweaking I was able to get the Aerosoft DC-8 working flawlessly. You have to add a DLL.XML entry for the XMLTools64.dll. I used the addon.xml method to point P3DV5 to my existing Aerosoft DC-8 folder and copied XMLTools64.dll into the appropriate folder.

I was able to get the Feelthere E170/E190 to run but not without major issues and performance problems. It crashes due to the A2A windshield effects. Rename the windshield effects dll file to disable it, but at this time it's not worth trying.

Aerosoft A330 works with some minor issues. I have added the A318/319 & A320/321 but haven't tried them yet.

Edited by JasonPC

Ultimate Traffic Live works. I simply copied and pasted the utLive folder from the P3Dv4 addons folder into the P3Dv5 addons folder.

• Like 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, Bnash00 said:

PMDG NGXu. Just rename P3D v5 folder to P3D v4 then run the installer. Run operations center to get any updates. Install any liveries etc. when your done rename your P3D folder back to v5. Not that hard. Works great.

Tried the same with the 777 seems to work but PFD ND EICAS are very blurry... almost unreadable. Did you find a fix for that or is the NGXu different in that case? (Btw. I have installed the latest version)

-FSUIPC6

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

RealAir Duke, Turbine Duke, Legacy by pointing the P3Dv4 installer at the v5 directory.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, onurair said:

Tried the same with the 777 seems to work but PFD ND EICAS are very blurry... almost unreadable. Did you find a fix for that or is the NGXu different in that case? (Btw. I have installed the latest version)

I haven't tried the 777. Did you try turning the display brightness down using the brightness knobs in the VC? The text on all of the displays in the NGXu are very bright and I have to turn the brightness down more than half way. 

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Have others noticed, though the aircraft function the night lighting isn't quite right?

5 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Ultimate Traffic Live works. I simply copied and pasted the utLive folder from the P3Dv4 addons folder into the P3Dv5 addons folder.

I did that but can't see any aircraft.

• Like 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

5 hours ago, onurair said:

Also have slightly blurry instruments with the Majestic D400, pop outs work fine though.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

A2A Cherokee and P-40 (from A2A forum "Important note! To avoid a CTD when loading a P3Dv4 Accu-Sim aircraft in P3Dv5, you must disable the "Windshield.dll" in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder. You can do this by simply renaming or removing the dll in question.")

SSW Phantom (non-PBR)

SWS F184F, F104G, G91

AH Meteor, Hunter

JF Hawk (visual bug with jet exhaust)

Edited by keithb77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

Also have slightly blurry instruments with the Majestic D400, pop outs work fine though.

check your config file and make sure vc texture are 4096

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU