Chock

Add-ons which work in P3D V5

58 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Got ATSimulations An2 to fly with a little help from ATS

A new file for Panel did the trick

Was loading OK but crashed P3Dv5- now all good and flying

Thanks ATS!

xxd09

Are they planning a v5 installer in the near future?

I contacted them direct by email- quick response

No word of v5 installer

xxd09

11 hours ago, rlkjmt73 said:

Dave...when I run the installer, all Flight Simulator options are not allowing me to check them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have v4 installed?  I selected v4 for install and then pointed it at my v5 addons folder. I would guess if you don’t still have v4 installed you wouldn’t be able to do this?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, xxd09 said:

I contacted them direct by email- quick response

No word of v5 installer

xxd09

Ok, thanks.

Besides that there is another official recommendation, was anyone of you able to merge the PMDG 777 to P3D V5? And is there any risk for the license in trying it out?

Thanks and regards

Marco

19 minutes ago, marco1989 said:

And is there any risk for the license in trying it out?

AFAIK the only risk is that you will not have any official support by PMDG if you have problems.

KTNP - Twentynine Palms has a v5 installer downloadable from their store.

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I have KTNP installed in V5 - works OK

Does not seem quite so full on as in V4.5 

Everything seems to be there- perhaps will be more lively as further Orbx Addons come up to speed

xxd09

On 4/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, regis9 said:

Do you have v4 installed?  I selected v4 for install and then pointed it at my v5 addons folder. I would guess if you don’t still have v4 installed you wouldn’t be able to do this?

Thanks for the response.  At the time, I had uninstalled v4.  And later on I reinstalled v4, then pointed the installer to v5, and it worked just fine.  Again thanks for the response.

Keep 'em flying.

Rod

• Like 1

Rod Beck

If V5 is the only version that I have, I won't be able to get the PDMG or QualityWings aircraft to work- is that correct? 

Nope, the Quality Wings 787 is working okay for me in P3D V5. I've not tried any PMDG aeroplanes in it as yet, so I don't about those. The CS 757 works in it by the way too:

yNKs0ZO.jpg

ad5GHXP.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yep, the QW787 and CS 757 work by poihnting the installers to the V5 folder. Make sure to delete any folders and files with the name "trueglass" in the guages folder to avoid crashes. I suspect this would hold true for any V4 aircraft that use trueglass.

25 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Yep, the QW787 and CS 757 work by poihnting the installers to the V5 folder. Make sure to delete any folders and files with the name "trueglass" in the guages folder to avoid crashes. I suspect this would hold true for any V4 aircraft that use trueglass.

Whats the missing/catch by doing so?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png