Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Add-ons which work in P3D V5

No rain effects on the cockpit windows.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Whats the missing/catch by doing so?

Thanks Michael Moe 

I just tried the CS757 in V5 and performance seems to have improved tremendously.

LittleNavMap 2.4.5

• Upvote 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Aerosoft Airbuses work well if TrueGlass folder is removed.

If ND log error shows when you load the plane just go to programdata > lm > copy whole prepar3d v5 folder over to prepar3d v4.

If any of displays are bigger than supposed to be then usual virtual cockpit fix will resize them (double the pixel size @ panel.cfg)

Someone mentioned the Captain Sim L-1011 before and pointing the installer to the P3D V5 folder. If you only have V5 installed and no previous P3D then it will not install. You will need to create two registry keys for a fake V4 that point to your V5 folder (AppPath and SetupPath for those who've dug around in the registry before). Both the Captain Sim 777 and L-1011 will work fine then. The CS757 you can point manually to the V5 folder as mentioned already. 

Hi my friends, 

Installing the beta of TFDi B717 200 for P3Dv5 you get all your trueglass and Real Light planes working now. It's a beta of trueglass and RL but seems to work fine. I can confirm this in QW787 (I have some issues with vcp textures) and milviz airplanes like C310R, Otter 3, MD530, PC6, and I won't try with airbus aerosoft proffesional family because the update seems to be imminent. 

Hope that helps

pd: I'm running milviz aircraft via symbolic links, didn't need to install because I'm keeping my p3dv4.5 build on. 

Cheers 

Not the most popular add-on I believe, but the BBS Airbus WideBody Prologue X-treme (their name, not mine) seems to work fine if installed with a fake P3D V4 registry key. Just completed a full flight and did not notice any issues. Did have to turn off AA of the VC displays in the FMC options as it caused serious performance issues on my PC. Did not notice a visual difference.

Positive news for those who want a fairly decent A340 at least. 

On 4/17/2020 at 1:30 AM, JasonPC said:

With some tweaking I was able to get the Aerosoft DC-8 working flawlessly. You have to add a DLL.XML entry for the XMLTools64.dll. I used the addon.xml method to point P3DV5 to my existing Aerosoft DC-8 folder and copied XMLTools64.dll into the appropriate folder.

Hello, I can't get the loading tool to work. Where must the "XMLTools64.dll" file be saved? What should the XML file look like?
Best Regards an thank you Frank

11 hours ago, FraMi said:

Hello, I can't get the loading tool to work. Where must the "XMLTools64.dll" file be saved? What should the XML file look like?
Best Regards an thank you Frank

It should be in the main P3Dv5 directory and the DLL.XML entry should look like

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

But be aware I think there are some autopilot issues. I can't get it to follow the Carousel INS nav track.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:56 PM, JasonPC said:

It should be in the main P3Dv5 directory and the DLL.XML entry should look like

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

But be aware I think there are some autopilot issues. I can't get it to follow the Carousel INS nav track.

Hello, unfortunately it still doesn't work. However, I have only one dll.xml in the "Program Data" directory. This file is completely missing in the user directory.

Many greetings, Frank

On 8/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, FraMi said:

Hello, unfortunately it still doesn't work. However, I have only one dll.xml in the "Program Data" directory. This file is completely missing in the user directory.

Many greetings, Frank

My mistake XMLTools64.dll should be in the main P3D directory. DLL.xml is located in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\

Tutorial - How To install PMDG Aircraft into Prepar3D v5

Video on You Tube From The Flight Simmer  Install any Aircraft Thats Work in P3D v4 into V5

Edited by Smoky354