Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Installed P3dv5 today. My mind is made up!

I like seeing something positive about v5! Although, isn’t it still a little early to say the improvements are major? I’m sure a vanilla v5 runs awesome, but how is it going to run once all the add ons are brought into it? That’s what I’m curious about. 

• Like 2

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

39 minutes ago, spilok said:

I can't believe Sky Force and its weather component work so well in P3dv5

Does SkyForce need to be running in the background in order for the weather engine to work?

7 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

I like seeing something positive about v5! Although, isn’t it still a little early to say the improvements are major? I’m sure a vanilla v5 runs awesome, but how is it going to run once all the add ons are brought into it? That’s what I’m curious about. 

We'll be able to better judge once we're able to test with AS4 and/or complex aircraft (e.g. FSLabs or PMDG); I think some people forget that wx is huge burden on FPS.  Still, I have no doubts it preforms better; I just don't think it's as significant as some are portraying...

• Like 1

Matt King

4 minutes ago, newtie said:

Does SkyForce need to be running in the background in order for the weather engine to work?

Yes it does, it will minimize to system tray. I haven't noticed any performance issues though.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

5 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Yes it does, it will minimize to system tray. I haven't noticed any performance issues though.

Cheers,

Pete

Has anyone tried Environmental Force?

Matt King

I completed my first flight last night in v5 with the PMDG 777 from FSDT KORDv2 to FlyTampa Las Vegas also with Orbx Global and Orbx landclass NA, and it was a steady 30fps without a single frame drop.  I use 30hz refesh rate and vsync so it will never go higher.  All I was missing was wx which now that I know REX works I'll use that for another test tomorrow

It was the most enjoyable flight I've had in a long time with how smooth it seemed to me.  The only issue now is the brightness of PMDG gauges do not adjust but they are working on new installers and fixes so I can accept that.

• Like 2

Sean Green

I'm assuming that everyone singing it's praises is not running trueSky with multiple cloud layers with 3rd party aircraft and scenery?

Eric 

32 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I'm assuming that everyone singing it's praises is not running trueSky with multiple cloud layers with 3rd party aircraft and scenery?

Or using VR. 😄

How many cloud layers does P3Dv5 allow with trueSky?

Stan is running Orbx.  Other people have mentioned third party aircraft. sgreen91 is running FSDT, Fly Tampa, Orbx and the PMDG 777.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Is REX Skyforce 3D and Environment compatible with P3D v5 yet? I may purchase it. Does Skyforce 3D replace REX Textures Direct?

Also what plane is that you're flying in your screenshot @Peter Z KCLE_EDDN? Looks nice!

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Also what plane is that you're flying in your screenshot @Peter Z KCLE_EDDN? Looks nice!

That appears to be the default Maule.  I don't remember it looking that good in earlier P3D... I'll have to check it again in that sim.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Correct. 

People are gonna be mad once they start installing add-ons and realize they have to turn off any new graphics enhancements in v5. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pvupilot said:

No it is twice more fps

I have read somewhere that if you disable the Armopheric feature you can use third party clouds ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I have read somewhere that if you disable the Armopheric feature you can use third party clouds ...

Yes, I don’t use the beta