Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Is there any of those long pauses in V5?

29 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does anyone know of any definitive Guides for the multitude of settings in p3d and which one affects cpu/gpu etc? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

True sky on low

Where is the adjustment located in V5? (Not at my computer right now)

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I've only got an NVidia GTX1060 with 6gig. I'm running with all Orbx except Vector. True sky on low running with the REX SkyForce weather engine. My settings are shown halfway through the vid. See for yourself:-

Truesky is disabled in your settings 😉

Edited by awf

André

7 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I have big pauses in the settings menu. This is annoying. I'm used to 4.5, everything works flawlessly.

I get this as well.

it will hang on airport selection unless i quickly open and close the aircraft selector.

38 minutes ago, bic said:

I don't know...whatever affinitymask I use I cannot get the cores balanced and the GPU is hardly being used.  Is my memory speed limiting it?

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/QEaazLXBRvKfj9zzi35-og.WJQQ7me0IVGPY5DPn74GXi

Here the same. My 1080Ti is used at <5 %, and this is with pretty hight shadow etc. settings. VRAM at 5 GB. And I was told DX12 would shift load from the CPU to the GPU...? It was definitely more used (typically 80-90%) with the DX11-based Prepar3d4.5.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

Here the same. My 1080Ti is used at <5 %, and this is with pretty hight shadow etc. settings. VRAM at 5 GB. And I was told DX12 would shift load from the CPU to the GPU...? It was definitely more used (typically 80-90%) with the DX11-based Prepar3d4.5.

Kind regards, Michael

In the task manager mine also shows 5% (2080ti). However if I load gpu-z, it shows maxed out...... 

• Like 1

Me too, v4 used to be around 40%.  Oddly, I just tried msi gpu afterburner and it appears to show 33% utilization

I tried Process LAsso and just by turning off HT and back on, I see better cpu balance (without AM in cfg).  I have it set to high priority always also.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

On 4/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, cobrakev1526 said:

I’m on the road for a couple of days more and I’m looking forward to getting home and trying P3Dv5. One of the biggest complaints I had with V4.5 was the constant long pauses that seemed to be fixed along all of the ORBX region. For instance I cold take off from KBVS and fly direct to Concrete and there was a long pause waiting for me at the same point in route that would last 5 to 10 seconds in V4.5

Have these been fixed in V5?

Absolutely none. In fact, there is no micro-stutter either...no stutter of any kind.  No pause/freeze for your asking about. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

In the task manager mine also shows 5% (2080ti). However if I load gpu-z, it shows maxed out...... 

Please, what is "gpu-z"?

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

My value was taken by Process Hacker 2. But thanks for the hint, I'll try some other tools - pretty strange, isn't it?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Please, what is "gpu-z"?

Richard.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

not sure why but i have some really bad stutter/pauses were the GPU goes from 0% to 70-100% and back to 0 sometimes. Maybe its related to my CPU when i switch off HT (not sure though)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png