Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Is there any of those long pauses in V5?

3 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

No pauses or stuttering at the moment.
ORBX Global+Global OpenLC Europe+Global Trees+European ORBX airports. A2A Bonanza.

Stable FPS blocked at 30 in the simu. Very smooth.

Richard.

I guess it is traffic, that causes stutter or just the fresh install that makes the sim run fluently.

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I guess it is traffic, that causes stutter or just the fresh install.

It's possible, at the moment I'm using the native AI, full right cursor (there seems to be few of them in Europe).

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have micro stutters on default install.  CPU0 cranking along at 100%, while the others are around 30-40%.

• Like 1

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

1 minute ago, bic said:

I have micro stutters on default install.  CPU0 cranking along at 100%, while the others are around 30-40%.

Micro stutters and popping scenery/autogen here too, vanilla Install with high FPS. 

6 minutes ago, bic said:

Switch to HT off. My 4 old cores work around 70-80% max.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks, that seems to have cured micro stutters.  0 and 1 are at 100%.

I have DDR3-1600, believe timing is 9-9-9-24, if I recall.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

What is HT, hyperthreading? I’ve an 9900KS, wouldn’t it be detrimental to turn off HT?

29 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What is HT, hyperthreading? I’ve an 9900KS, wouldn’t it be detrimental to turn off HT?

Correct, it's hyperthreading.

It all depends on the system and processor you have. In my case (4770K) I have to turn HT Off.

As my Windows is voluntarily in HT On, I added:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=85

in P3Dv5 cfg...

So P3Dv5 runs with HT Off. My other programs are running in the meantime with native HT On. It works for me.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

Very smooth performance on my PC with no HT. (I9-9900K, RTX2080S, 16gbRam).

Edited by Ops Normal
Solved my Issue.

6 hours ago, SolRayz said:

What are your system specs? 

I've only got an NVidia GTX1060 with 6gig. I'm running with all Orbx except Vector. True sky on low running with the REX SkyForce weather engine. My settings are shown halfway through the vid. See for yourself:-

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

53 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Correct, it's hyperthreading.

It all depends on the system and processor you have. In my case (4770K) I have to turn HT Off.

As my Windows is voluntarily in HT On, I added:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=85

in P3Dv5 cfg...

So P3Dv5 runs with HT Off. My other programs are running in the meantime with native HT On. It works for me.

Richard.

Not sure what that’s done, but it’s almost silky smooth now! I might consider purchasing the orbx base pack now. 

The only long pause I have had is when I pressed “P” went to the fridge and got a 🍺 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

👍:laugh:

Richard.

Richard Portier

TrueEarth Great Britain causes rare stuttering at high FPS (50)

All other scenes look smooth.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Does anyone know of any definitive Guides for the multitude of settings in p3d and which one affects cpu/gpu etc?