Sign in to follow this  
matthewpow

FSUIPC 6 and Linda

As I'm sure everyone is aware, P5D has been released today. Alongside this release, FSUIPC6 has also been released. Upon installation (free version because Simmarket seems to be delaying the release of the payware version), it no longer installs within the simulator, but instead within the now-common documents folder, making it completely external and the modules folder obsolete. 

With all of these changes, I'm wondering and hoping to hear of continued development for LINDA considering its external hardware capabilities.

I would appreciate any insight and look forward to hearing more. Thank you.

Matthew

Edited by ScotFlieger

Matthew Simmons

You will all need to bear with us. I will only be able to assess how LINDA will work with FSUIPC6 and P3Dv5 when I get the chance to access the websites (after the initial scramble) and download the products. We do not get prior sight of these updates. We are in the same position as you all - we also need to pay for all updates.

Personally I won’t be jumping in with both feet until I know my add-ons like ORBX True Earth GB and favourite aircraft are declared compatible. 

I ask you all to be patient and await announcements.

• Like 3

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

No worries at all. I can survive for the time being until you find the time and inspiration. 

Thanks for the response. 

Matthew Simmons

Downloading all of today I now have P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6 installed and working(ish).

With the change in FSUIPC6 installed location and the withdrawal of FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4.x, my initial analysis suggests a major restructuring of the LINDA GUI will be required. Changes to the core LUA code may also be needed. This will require detailed reworking and testing of the code. This will not be a quick exercise.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew. Is there a way to use LINDA and the VRinsight MCP Combo II with P3D v5 or is LINDA just not working with the changes in FSUIPC? 

Kevin Baker

@Th3Scop3DJ please read my comments above. It will be my intention to restore all LINDA functionality with P3Dv5. This will take time. 

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I installed FSUIPC6 not with the Add-On-XML option, but into the Modules-Folder.

First I copied my Prepar3dv4 Modules into Prepar3dv5, then made the install of FSUIPC6. Made a copie of FSUIPC5.ini and named it FSUIPC6.ini

LINDA works this way, but you have to leave the old FSUIPC5.dll and the old FSUIPC5.ini.

Thats it, works perfekt now again.

You just have to "tell" LINDA the new naming FSUIPC6

Unfortunately I have no Idea, how this could work if you install FSUIPC6 with the Add-On.xml Option.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

@FSC190 Thank you. You are correct using the previous .dll installation option. LINDA 3.1.1 is not compatible with FSUIPC6 using the Add-on.XML installation method and FSUIPC6.ini. I am working on a comprehensive solution so I don't keep receiving 'it doesn't work' queries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

@FSC190 Thank you. You are correct using the previous .dll installation option. LINDA 3.1.1 is not compatible with FSUIPC6 using the Add-on.XML installation method and FSUIPC6.ini. I am working on a comprehensive solution so I don't keep receiving 'it doesn't work' queries.

Good Luck  and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Joe    (Staying home in San Diego)

Edited by joepoway
  • Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

@FSC190

is it possible or you to do a step by step guide about how exactly you did this? That would be amazing and we all could still use it until a proper fix has been released. 🙂

Edited by Th3Scop3DJ

Kevin Baker

Hi Roland,

You said You just have to "tell" LINDA the new naming FSUIPC6

How and where to "tell" LINDA the new naming FSUIPC6 ?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by MarcM

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

@marcM That is one thing Andrew can do. Not me or you.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

OK Roland Thanks so Linda doesn't work on P3Dv5 on your side ? Correct ?

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

I've also followed the same install as you for FSUIPC6. It's in my folder Modules of P3Dv5 and not by default.

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

hello,

The indications I have provided followed by FSC190, namely, installing fsuipc6 in p3dv5 / modules file then copy fsuipc5.ini renamed fsuipc6 p3dv4.5/Modules directory to the directory p3dv5/Modules and LINDA copy folders and files p3dv4.5 / modules to same folder p3dv5. at home works perfectly.

roland thank you.

Best regards

captainhenrychen-1.jpg

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming / Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 GHz/16 Go DDR4 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 /  W7 64 Integrale / Saitek Proflight Yoke+Quadrant+Rudder+Switch Panel/VRInsight MCP Combo 2 Boeing