Sign in to follow this  
matthewpow

FSUIPC 6 and Linda

Before people get carried away looking for workarounds, I warn you not to take up too much time. Continue to use P3Dv4.x and FSUIPC5 to enjoy your flying.

I have identified one fault with FSUIPC6 which the developer has already provided me with a fix. I am working on another problem where LINDA detected button actions are not being passed to or received by FSUIPC6. There will be other issues to address before I can offer a solution to users. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Before people get carried away looking for workarounds, I warn you not to take up too much time. Continue to use P3Dv4.x and FSUIPC5 to enjoy your flying.

I have identified one fault with FSUIPC6 which the developer has already provided me with a fix. I am working on another problem where LINDA detected button actions are not being passed to or received by FSUIPC6. There will be other issues to address before I can offer a solution to users. 

Thanks for the update and words of caution, you are right.

Good luck to you as you take on the new challenges with v5.

If I can be of any testing assistance don't hesitate to ask

Joe

Edited by ScotFlieger

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Just for info, You have the possibility to choose your type of FSUIPC6 installation, in Modules or add-on.XML. Just uncheck the xml option.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi,

i have one question. I have just bought FSUIPC 6 and Linda doesn´t work in P3D v4 anymore. FSUIPC is not longer installed in Modules Folder. It is installed in Documents with the xml-method. 

Must Linda be updated or what can i do 🙂

Best

Christian 

@masterk Short answer is I am working on a solution. Please see thread above.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Guys, let Andrew get it all sorted. Once he releases updated version, you install it, and then have an issue, that is the time to come in here with queries. 

Eric 

I am P3Dv4.5, Aerosoft A320Pro and VRinsight FCU user. I just bought FSUIPC6 key. 

When I am using LINDA 3.1.1, it showing "FSUIPC files not found" in red color at the setting page. 

At the setup MCP Combo page, the Flt Sim/FSUIPC Config area is showing:

fsuipc4.ini: n/a , [VRInsight] n/a and x=COM3 n/a

For my situation, should I downgrade to use FSUIPC5 free version for my P3Dv4.5 setting?

@wyman369 the errors you report are as I would expect with LINDA 3.1.1 and FSUIPC6. As stated repeatedly above, 3.1.1 is not compatible and I am working on a solution.

You will need a registered version of FSUIPC5 to use it with P3Dv4.5 and LINDA 3.1.1. There was little point upgrading unless you are planning to update to P3Dv5.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am pleased to report that an initial release of LINDA 3.2.0 is now available for P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6 6.0.2.

Be careful to follow the installation instructions in the release notes.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

13 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I am pleased to report that a initial release of LINDA 3.2.0 is now available for P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6 6.0.2.

Many thanks for the fast release. Linda is an essential part of Prepar3d ecosystem for many users like me. Great work !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

5 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I am pleased to report that an initial release of LINDA 3.2.0 is now available for P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6 6.0.2.

You are amazing!

Will load both today and test.

Thanks again a donation is coming!

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thank you so much for this new release, it is great how much effort you do to help us!

My Mcp combo 2 Boeing is not working like you said already, we will wait for that.

@rob0203 your MCP Combo 2 should be working with LINDA 3.2.0. The only issue is that the FSUIPC6 USB-Serial Background Task code is not terminating correctly when you close P3Dv5. This must be closed using Task Manager. 

Also you will need to use MCP Setup to turn on the panel.

If the problem persists please follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure thread and send me your logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

@rob0203 your MCP Combo 2 should be working with LINDA 3.2.0. The only issue is that the FSUIPC6 USB-Serial Background Task code is not terminating correctly when you close P3Dv5. This must be closed using Task Manager. 

Also you will need to use MCP Setup to turn on the panel.

If the problem persists please follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure thread and send me your logs.

Still having problems, Linda should be working with the default Mooney?

What do you mean use MCP setup to turn on the panel? In MCP setup everything is green and I have the right comm port also selected.

Will send you logs!

Edited by rob0203