Sign in to follow this  
boeingcorp

Release Date

16 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

I think a public beta wouldn't be smart. There are lots of possible buyers who would fly over their house twice do some mission and than forget about the sim. They would lose those buyers if the all can do this for free.

A closed beta like this alpha but with much more participants would make more sense i think. 

Who mentioned a free Beta, Why not have a Paid Beta, and then it would only be people that really cared about the project and it's long term future.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

22 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

I think a public beta wouldn't be smart. There are lots of possible buyers who would fly over their house twice do some mission and than forget about the sim. They would lose those buyers if the all can do this for free.

A closed beta like this alpha but with much more participants would make more sense i think. 

Sure is a possibility as well. It's all speculative.

In my view, your concern won't be a huge problem, because I expect the financial model to be primarily based on the marketplace, not on sold copies of the core game. Playing the game is actually just the promotion. That's a good sign. MS is so convinced of its quality, that it does not have to charge for the game itself.

Once I had a look on the purchase ID on x-plane.org, after I bought two addons within a few hours. While that time it raised by around 40. So I suppose there is a ton of money to be made of a marketplace. Especially if that includes comsetic items.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

LOL, imagine if it will only be released during 2021.... That will really confuse those who have renamed the sim, & who think others are confused.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It’s almost certain to be released this year. They began the marketing effort last year, which would not have occurred if the release date wasn’t anticipated to be relatively soon. Just looking at the features they are working on like the A320 suggests that the core sim is in good shape. My bet is July or August. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eaim said:

Who mentioned a free Beta, Why not have a Paid Beta, and then it would only be people that really cared about the project and it's long term future.

Paid beta is just "early access", which is fine and it's a good idea to build up hype before they put the "released" tag on it and ship discs in retail stores.  But because this game will heavily rely on the servers, it will make a lot of sense to have some open Insider preview weekends, to try to break their servers with a rush of people downloading and playing.

Anyway, on the subject, a late 2020 release seems realistic based on everything I've seen.  But with the current pandemic situation, I'd question whether the developers are running at the same pace as they were several months ago.  They may need a lot more time to finish some systems and do art passes.  I won't be surprised at all if it slips into 2021.  If Microsoft gets this game right, it's easily going to be a PC system seller, and likely garner millions of sales for years to come.  The Microsoft of today won't let this one flop like the previous attempt under old management, and an extra year with the bun in the oven is not going to hurt their financials.

6 hours ago, Jazznow said:

A public beta would be paid. It'd probably be billed as early access though.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

Christmas 2020 would be a home run!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

So far they've stated they are aiming for a 2020 release. The last time they talked about their workflow and lock-down issues, they've said they had to review their priorities, but everything was still on schedule.

Unless they come to the public stating the other way, I'm still believing it will be released this year. When? Between today and 12/31/2020. 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

So far they've stated they are aiming for a 2020 release. The last time they talked about their workflow and lock-down issues, they've said they had to review their priorities, but everything was still on schedule.

Unless they come to the public stating the other way, I'm still believing it will be released this year. When? Between today and 12/31/2020. 😂

Well that narrows it down. 😄

• Like 2

what are the next dates of MS and Xbox? Does the E3 take place online due to Corona? Are there other events for publishing the date? 

2 hours ago, Deleted said:

what are the next dates of MS and Xbox? Does the E3 take place online due to Corona? Are there other events for publishing the date? 

E3 2020 was cancelled. Phill Spencer (Microsoft) said they will host a stream to do their presentations. I think Asobo will have something to show on that stream. I think they didn’t decide yet when it will happen.

• Like 1