Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Updates for P3Dv4 HF3 and v5?

5 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Works fine in P3D v5 and I'm using the weather engine with True Sky on low, no problems in NGXu, just flew from Stansted to Dublin

Do you use Truesky with Rex? And did you just tell Rex that the location of Prepar3d v4 is now the one of Prepar3d v5?

Hans

Hate "discordapp".  I looked at, have no idea what is and no care to use - another thing to have to remember, sign into, get spam.  As such, since I can't get support via normal forums, I have reservations about making future purchases and that is why I asked my REX question here.

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 hours ago, awf said:

Rename the folder of v5 to v4, point the installer there and install afterwards rename v4 to v5 😉 But remember your are on your own without any support from PMDG.....

This method doesn't work when you have v4.x and v5.x installed...

I got it to work with both V4 and V5 installed.  I just renamed my Prepar3d v4 folder to Prepar3d vfour.  Then renamed my Prepar3d v5 folder to Prepar3d v4.   Run the PMDG installer and install as usual. Once done, run the PMDG control center to update the 737 NGXu to the latest version and install any livery you want. 

Then go back and change the above folders back to their original name. 

Did one flight with the NGXu and had no issues other then the displays seamed to be a bit fuzzy and brighter in v5. 

I will just do the same thing again to uninstall it in v5 when the official installer is released. I just wanted one airliner to fly in the new v5. 

Remember, you are on your own if you do this. No support from PMDG. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

6 minutes ago, rickjake said:

I got it to work with both V4 and V5 installed.  I just renamed my Prepar3d v4 folder to Prepar3d vfour.  Then renamed my Prepar3d v5 folder to Prepar3d v4.   Run the PMDG installer and install as usual. Once done, run the PMDG control center to update the 737 NGXu to the latest version and install any livery you want. 

Then go back and change the above folders back to their original name. 

Did one flight with the NGXu and had no issues other then the displays seamed to be a bit fuzzy and brighter in v5. 

I will just do the same thing again to uninstall it in v5 when the official installer is released. I just wanted one airliner to fly in the new v5. 

Remember, you are on your own if you do this. No support from PMDG. 

Smart solution. I am experiencing with simlinks at the moment (not for aircraft) and this works quite well with scenery. 

Hans

Are you folk just running the WX radar or are you also using EF and or the airport textures?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Anybody know of any updates?  Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

Same problem here, MV_WX.dll not compatible P3D4.5 Hotfix 3. I uninstalled it and will live without it for now.

Edited by D Nelson

Don Nelson

4 minutes ago, D Nelson said:

Same problem here, MV_WX.dll not compatible P3D4.5 Hotfix 3. I uninstalled it and will live without it for now.

This is scheduled to release Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

25 minutes ago, timest said:

This is scheduled to release Tuesday.

Thank you!

Aaron Ortega

Hello:

Just checking if I missed any updates on the updates.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

Just checking if I missed any updates on the updates.

Thanks.

Hi Aaron, yes, it was released.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53686-wx-advantage-radar-technical-update-9/

We will be updating our website accordingly.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, timest said:

Hi Aaron, yes, it was released.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53686-wx-advantage-radar-technical-update-9/

We will be updating our website accordingly.

Fantastic!  Thank you kindly.

Aaron Ortega

Just curious, has anyone who's used World Wide Airports HD notice something about the default airport textures in P3D V5?