Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Three things I do not want to see in FS20

17 hours ago, jlund said:

3. Honestly, how many times will you do that?

Once is enough right? Because if flying over the North and South Poles works correctly for 1 simmer once, then it will work for everybody all the time.🖖

I would do polar flights often but it just does not work correctly in FSX/P3D.

A while back I did send a Support Ticket to the MSFS team about this specifically, with some details about the Weather and Grid Navigation issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Fake renaming of MSFS.. FS20 & FS2020 are names of a farm Sim & an Aerofly sim..

Let people call it what they want (with in reason). If you know what they mean it shouldn’t matter.

I see a lot of people call FS9 well FS9 even though the title of it is ‘Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight’

Edited by Tuskin38

All I can say is that you NDA or won't have NDA. 🤐

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Oh yes, a 4th thing. Do not give us a release fiasco like the one we sadly see with v5.  Be careful with some of these know-it-all who were helping in the P3D beta who couldn’t see a bug if it was crawling on their nose and don’t hurry to go DX12 ! 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Be careful of some of these know-it-alls who profess to know more than developers.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Oh yes, a 4th thing. Do not give us a release fiasco like the one we sadly see with v5.  Be careful with some of these know-it-all who were helping in the P3D beta who couldn’t see a bug if it was crawling on their nose and don’t hurry to go DX12 ! 

To defend Beta testers...they do see the bugs, I assure you.

The problem is the parent company can't afford the delay and it's far too expensive to get everything sorted for release and pre-empt other sims (FS and XPL) with their new graphics etc engines.

Release/fix/release/fix, rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

To defend Beta testers...they do see the bugs, I assure you.

The problem is the parent company can't afford the delay and it's far too expensive to get everything sorted for release and pre-empt other sims (FS and XPL) with their new graphics etc engines.

Release/fix/release/fix, rinse and repeat.

All the pro testers are indeed not to be put into the same bag, I am 100% with you here and referred to only few of them. I wonder whether the LM  testing methodology with few developers and "experts" and set parameters is really the good one. I also wonder whether they have a real project manager !

MS & Asobo approach to open  the door to thousands of the ill-washed  should give better results to spot such enormous flaws  like the vram overload or the crashes with some graphic cards. 🤞

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I wonder whether the LM  testing methodology with few developers and "experts" and set parameters is really the good one. I also wonder whether they have a real project manager !

The issue here is very complex.
I offered my services to help developers as a part of the "beta team".
The biggest and first issue is the "developer" and I say that for the following issues and direct to the point.
First, is very difficult or impossible to find a good programmer that is an experienced pilot at the same time.
You cannot find an excellent programmer with thousands of flight hours in equipment and a few type ratings.
A programmer is empowered by the developer and has priority over the beta tester, I had situations where a programmer said that his interpretation is this and for that reason I'm wrong,
even I'm flying an airplane for a leaving.
Some expect to find all the answers in the books and refuse to program something that is not properly explained even it happens right in front of your eyes.
Suddenly developers and programers became experts having access to the books while beta testers no matter how good and experienced they are it really doesn't matter at a certain point.
The other issue is the beta tester qualifications, some of them pretend to be something and actually are not, some of them are retired people that have old books and not in the loop for a long time but they pretend to be, so there you have it.

What killed me and drove me insane is/was when "a" developer will say "don't worry we not gonna fix it because the average customer will not know better or notice it".
And then, we will release it despite the known issues because we need the money.
So for them it is ok to sell you a crappy software and you to pay for it..................
  • Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Love it, cabin fever chit-chat. :laugh:

huey1177.gif

• Like 1