Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

P3Dv5 and MCE?

2 hours ago, DWadsworth said:

Gerald,

Where do I get the 2.8.4.3 installer?  The download version is 2.8.4.2.

Thanks!

Get the official release.

Latest MCE is V2.8.4.2

It's just fsInsider64.dll that had a last minute revision to V2.8.4.3

Splash should always display "mce.exe" version (V2.8.4.2)

Confirm all OK. Thanks

Edited by FS++

Thanks Gerald, that's how I'm configured. 

Running P3DV5 and using the feelThere ERJ-175 latest, MCE will not recognize the aircraft.  ChasePlane shows it as the "feelThere PIC E175".  I was successful with this setup under P3DV4.5.

I appreciate your patience and help.

Best regards, Dave.

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

27 minutes ago, DWadsworth said:

Running P3DV5 and using the feelThere ERJ-175 latest, MCE will not recognize the aircraft.  ChasePlane shows it as the "feelThere PIC E175".  I was successful with this setup under P3DV4.5.

Best regards, Dave.

As I pointed out here:

Fsinsider64.dll v2.8.4.3 doesn't recognize the planes.
Fsinsider64.dll v2.8.3.8 recognizes them.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

37 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

As I pointed out here:

Fsinsider64.dll v2.8.4.3 doesn't recognize the planes.
Fsinsider64.dll v2.8.3.8 recognizes them.

Richard.

Run it with tested configuration.

mce.exe (V2.8.4.2) + fsInsider64.dll (V2.8.4.3) in \Prepar3D v5\

A full e-install should get you into that config.

It's more to do with recent move to no longer require the sim to run as admin. Must have latest files in both

Edited by FS++

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Run it with tested configuration.

mce.exe (V2.8.4.2) + fsInsider64.dll (V2.8.4.3) in \Prepar3D v5\

A full e-install should get you into that config.

It's more to do with recent move to no longer require the sim to run as admin. Must have latest files in both

Ok Gerald, I'll try a little later but if I'm not mistaken, it seems that DWadsworth has updated MCE program, it seems that it has the problem of unrecognized aircraft.
That said just now I'm flying with MCE.exe version 2.8.3.8 + fsInsider64.dll v2.8.3.8 + RC4 and everything works perfectly including GSX.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

DWadsworth has updated MCE program

Sorry, ignore that. Somehow didn't see it.

Edited by FS++

4 hours ago, DWadsworth said:

Best regards, Dave.

Does the feelthere install to main \Prepar3D v5\Simobject\ folder o somewhwere else?

Gerald,

Yes, I installed it into the \Prepar3D v5 Add-ons. The installer gives the choice to install it into the main P3Dv5 folder or into Add-ons. Obviously, this may be the cause of the issue.  It works fine from there though.  Please let me know if I can help troubleshoot this further,  Be glad to help.

Thanks, 

Dave

Dave Wadsworth

2 hours ago, DWadsworth said:

Gerald,

Yes, I installed it into the \Prepar3D v5 Add-ons. The installer gives the choice to install it into the main P3Dv5 folder or into Add-ons. Obviously, this may be the cause of the issue.  It works fine from there though.  Please let me know if I can help troubleshoot this further,  Be glad to help.

Thanks, 

Dave

OK thanks. I think I know what the issue is. Another dll needs to be updated. The one that looks for planes installed outside main SImobject folder.

Search wasn't extended to various \Prepar3D v5\ folders. Was only looking for \Prepar3D v4\ folders in various places.

Thanks for the report

Should be sorted tomorrow.

16 hours ago, FS++ said:

Package on website now updated.

For those who downloaded yesterday, could just download this patch

Unzip and manually replace 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

Gerald, link is not working! (page you requested do not exist)

Best regards

Edited by starter

John Cramer

Gerald, the downloaded version from your site (.3) has fixed the problem with the ERJ-175.  Thank your for  your efforts.

Dave

Dave Wadsworth

On 4/28/2020 at 11:39 PM, FS++ said:

Package on website now updated.

For those who downloaded yesterday, could just download this patch

Unzip and manually replace 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

Hi Gerald, it seems in the case of the "autodiscovery" there is still something different to the former version. As you may remember i´am using Jeehell in a homecockpit where the aircrafts are NOT installed in the P3D/Simobjects. For P3D 4.5 i have created an add-on xml which "injected" the Jeehell aircraft folders into P3D that it can find it and so MCE did with P3D 4.5. 

Now in P3D V5 the developer of Jeehell has already implemented the add-on xml which works exactly the same way as i did manually in 4.5.  But MCE can´t find the aircraft as it does in V4.5.

I have updated MCE to the actual .43 version but it don´t find the ac. I also tried to replace the fsinsider.dll and the patch files but MCE still can´t find the ac. Only if i copy the aircraft folders into the root folder "simobjects" MCE find the aircraft right away and everything is fine. But this is not how it should be. For several reasons it must be the case that MCE finds the simobjects also if they are injected via an add-on.xml. Because LM mentioned in the SDK that generally no add-on should be installed into the P3D root directories. This is for what the add-on xml was stated.

But at least because this xml variant worked in the pairing MCE-P3D4.5 but doesn´t with V5, my guess there is something not right yet in the simobjects discovery method of MCE.

cheers

Bernd

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif