• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

26 minutes ago, brennanjed said:

It would be good to know:

Default airport or addon?

WHICH airport?

Just a pic means nothing, we need some basic info.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I think he suggests you should start using paint 🤣 it's just a joke by the way...

Are you using Envtex, because it's a confirmed bug at the moment? 

They will correct that with the next update, but you should be able to undo the texture changes. 

Hope that helps... 

Marc Weber

No envtex, clean copy of v5, this is the same at all default airports no matter what. Have ORBX Global, openLC Europe, FTX England and FTX Ireland

I saw this exact thing in my Orbx Norway airports right after installing envtex and envshade. I notice they installed above everything g else in scenery library, wonder if they need to go below Orbx? But looks just like mine.

edit: just read that this is a big in envtex

Edited by Purr

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I'm  a bit lost as my guess with EnvTex was not correct 🤔

Of course you can try reinstalling the scenery and this should work out, because textures will be replaced with the default ones.

Marc Weber

The culprit for me was Flightbeam KIAD and/or KDEN scenery. If I install either one of these separately or together, it somehow interacts to get rid of default runway textures (numbers and markings) at all default airports and makes them blank (using add-on.xml to install them in a separate library). Both Flightbeam KIAD and KDEN look fine when installed but all default airport runway textures disappear when either one of these are installed.  Flightbeam KSFOHD, KPHX, and KMSP seem to install fine and still keep airports with default runway textures in Prepar3d v5.  Kind of a bummer but I need the default runway numbers and markings obviously. I tried reinstalling the whole simulator before this and it was having the same problems.

It only seems to affect Prepar3d v5 (v4.5 is fine with all scenery installed)

The only other thing I think I can try is not adding the scenery with add-on.xml and installing directly into the simulator. I'll report back if this works.

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch
Eric Flight Twitch Channel
spacer.png