Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Global AI Ship Traffic in P3Dv5!

3 minutes ago, pgde said:

What does this have to do with Global Ships?

This enhances immersion in Norway) Like ships.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Is this add-on fully compatible with P3D v5 before I spend my time installing the package?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

delete

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, adam77 said:

its good isnt it.? Im able to have my slider to 100% on ships and 50% on leisure boats and still rocking 30fps! in California

Actually, you only want 15 percent on the slide.  Why?   Because 12-15 percent will give you all the add -on ships...anything over that, will trigger the P3D v5 ferries. That will just take FPS away.  So...12-15 percent for that boat and ship traffic slide.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is this add-on fully compatible with P3D v5 before I spend my time installing the package?

It is compatible right back to FSX, FSX-SE and Steam version, P3D v1 to 5.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

On 4/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, Gridley said:

My sim began to boot with this traffic for a long time.

Edited by BMW969
  • Upvote 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

21 hours ago, BMW969 said:

My sim began to boot with this traffic for a long time.

Totally agree with this and I've observed the same.  One way to speed it up is to go into your Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\scenery\world\Scenery folder and inactivate or delete any regions where you don't have any intention of flying to increase load time.  I almost only fly in North America and western EU, so I ditched most of the Africa and southern hemisphere traffic.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Removing just the traffic files for the boats won't decrease the load times by more than a few seconds. It's the thousands of different boats as SimObjects that the sim has to read everytime you start it that really increases the load times. Same with AI air traffic.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 4/17/2020 at 3:45 PM, Sethos said:

There's a guide in the included PDF of the download, on page 4.

EDIT: Realized the text gets all mangled when copying from that PDF. So here's my own quick guide;

Drop the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 folder, into your designated P3Dv5 addons location. By default "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons". Make sure when you open Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2, you see Effects, Images, scenery etc. 

Then you can use my add-on.xml file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agvp_3yFADWen2ZBtP0JHUudBHr9?e=fGGS0X (Press download on top of the text, to download the .xml itself), drop that into the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 folder and you should be prompted to enable it next time you start P3D.

Set your ship traffic to at least 5% to activate, then load up and wait a few minutes for traffic to slowly saturate the world.

Enjoy. 

Thank you very much for your help!

• Upvote 1

Thx for this idea with addon xml. Ill try it!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I am not really that bothered about a one off loading time at the start of my flights. All I care about is that the Global AI Ship Package adds immensely to the realism of my flight simulation experience. I stick to low level VFR flights (yes, in study level airliners), and I enjoy seeing the dynamic shipping in the open sea, and close to harbours. Those 3D models are excellent, so the closer I get, the more impressed I become!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

About the half of myAI ships don(t show any wave. (P3D V5 Hf1). I have a lot of errors in content.txt :

[error.116]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_aker"

[error.117]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_tanker_183"

[error.118]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_Dalian_Xl"

[error.119]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_celebration"

[error.120]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_korcula"

[error.121]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_ml"

[error.122]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_DDG96"

[error.123]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_medium"

[error.124]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_arubaborg"

[error.125]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_supramax"

[error.126]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_wake_haa_marmara"

[error.127]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fsx_AI_HamaShip_smoke"

[error.128]
error=Failed to load visual effect "fsx_AI_HamaShip_smoke"

Do you have these errors too ?

On 5/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, Simu67 said:

Hi,

About the half of myAI ships don(t show any wave. (P3D V5 Hf1). I have a lot of errors in content.txt :

Do you have these errors too ?

I don't currently have content error logging turned on, but I'll check this evening unless someone else reports back first.

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Same here, no wakes for some ships.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

12 minutes ago, kaha said:

Same here, no wakes for some ships.

Karl

I have to revert, those are not Nielsen ships.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5