Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Global AI Ship Traffic in P3Dv5!

On 5/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, Simu67 said:

Hi,

About the half of myAI ships don(t show any wave. (P3D V5 Hf1). I have a lot of errors in content.txt :

Do you have these errors too ?

I finally  had a chance to turn on error logging and check - none of these errors that you have.  My apologies for not having an answer for you.  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thank you Gridley ! 😃

This can help me :  It seems i've not understood how to install this time. 😏

Have been using Global Ai Ships in P3D4.5 HF3 by xml method for some time now .... all working as it should.

Installed into P3D5 HF2 .... ships all showing, and appearing to be moving, but without any wake effects with the large ships. Small vessels seem OK..

I deleted the installation, and  precisely "copied" the P3D4.5 installation into P3D5 add-ons...... no change, 

The accompanying PDF suggests this can be caused by some older FSX textures missing, that are used. Any help identifying tracking these down would be greatly appreciated. 

This is a great package and I am very keen to get it working as it did in P3D4.

Cheers

There is a useful way to add simobjects to both P3D v4 and 5 without duplicating the packages and have P3D seek them out automatically. Obviously the Package MUST be compatible with both versions of P3D and I would not recommend it with add ons that have an installer, ie A2A aircraft.

Make Sure P3D is not running.

Create new folder structure, I called mine AddOns Both P3Dv |  SimObjects | Boats

You could add, Aircraft, Rotorcraft as well inside Simobjects for good measure. Handy if you need to include old FSX aircraft like the C172 just because you miss it 

Open the addons.xml found at  

P3Dv4 = C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 

P3Dv5 = C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Enter as the last entry the following "Discovery Path" in to the addons.xml for both flight sims.

There may already be a [DiscoveryPath.0] or more, so call this new one the next number up, i.e. [DiscoveryPath.1] 

Fill in the path to the Boats folder on your machine and give it a title. 

[DiscoveryPath.0]
Path= 
Title= 
Active=TRUE

This is mine.

[DiscoveryPath.3]
Path=F:\Users\{NAME}\Documents\AddOns Both P3Dv\SimObjects\Boats
Title=Dual AddOn SimObjects
Active=TRUE

Hope this helps some folk out.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I have a problem with getting this Global AI ship package to work on my P3Dv5.3

I followed the instructions and downloaded the xml file, and put in in the "Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2"
 folder, then copied the folder to the P3Dv5 addons folder in my Docs, an enabled it when I started P3Dv5, but I keep getting this error for some reason:

spacer.png

thanks for any help.

Rob Comfort