Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

V5 - default mesh anomaly help

hello

i just installed p3d v5 (default + orbx global base for the textures + lc europe), loaded a place I know well in real life and disaster, the mesh is completely broken (i have no mesh addon installed).

the screenshots are taken straight over the airport LSGS

The river is completely sunken into a huge canyon that doesn't exist in real life, it's just ugly. You can even see the railraod station ending up in the canyon and water leaking on the sides of the canyon in the background . Really reminds me of stuff i saw in the past after applying 1000232342 conflicting tweaks and products but i've never seen something as bad as that with a base install untweaked.

if i remember correctly, this airport was even featured in the fsx default 'wonder flights' or whatever it was called (can't remember exactly) and i don't remember it was broken in previous version.

i also added a screenshot of v4 where the river is 100% ok.

i would appreciate if someone could just take the time to load that airport and confirm that they get the same thing on their untouched version so i know it's just like that and i don't spend useless time to try to find a solution ? or did i break something already (everything is possible as soon as i start touching p3d stuff 😲)

thank you very much ❤️

v5
nM18hv8.png

v4
tNyz5Ec.png

Edited by Bad_T
typos

Vanilla install with no Orbx - and I see what you see -  a total mess

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

I use ORBX Global and openLC in this shot at Aerosoft KSMF.

I did not have this grass on the runway in P3D v4, but now it looks like that this mesh engulfed almost the entire runway.unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by arwasairl

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

Vanilla install with no Orbx - and I see what you see -  a total mess

thank you very much Tony for taking the time to do that little test, saves me from some head scratching ❤️❤️

I didnt' really need the v5 features (am fine with v4), but you know, i'm one of those that just had to buy it to see. Other problems will certainly be fixed with patches over time, but well, mesh i'm not so sure.

for info, after posting my original post, i also tried adding manually my p3d v4 library containing Pilot's NG mesh 2018 into v5 but the result is the same, so something is really broken there, hopefully, for other users, other places around the world don't suffer too much from this issue. I might wait until i see some threads about 'Pilot 2020 mesh' pop up to bother a user and ask him if he sees the same with that product installed, i don't have much hope because i'm pretty sure it will be very close to 2018 (hopefully i'm wrong).

----

Aaron unfortunately i don't have that addon so i can not test, hopefully someone else will. But i've read that some addon airports might need some tweaks to be adapted for v5, maybe you should post your screens on the official AS forum and people there will certainly be able to help you.

---

thanks again and take care

Edited by Bad_T
typos

Reading throught the orbx forum there are multiple issues at the moment, for me it is the default airports showing through the region airports. 

Back to v4 for mainstream flying for the moment.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

yeah well i won't bother people with my pics forever but wow .. after my first destination, i tried a second one i had the chance to visit a few years ago.

and oh boy that one is also completely destroyed by default

VRMM  =  big square of nothing instead of nice tiny island .. the square is really huge, my screenshot doesnt even show half of it ...

there's really some big problems with the terrain/mesh data in v5, hopefully it'll get fixed

i guess for now i'll just test in the great orbx region, some people fly only there and it seems that they are the ones saying v5 is fantastic. You said you have some problem with those regions too but i guess that will be fixed by orbx.

at least it was not a lie, they really updated vector/mesh data from previous versions, unfortunately a lot of work is still to be done to make it useable around the world in area not covered by addons. (oh well maybe just bad luck with the destinations i choose, 2 out of 3 were completely destroyed).

v5
J8AsG9K.png

v4
UJW8VHM.png

Edited by Bad_T
typos

4 hours ago, Bad_T said:

Aaron unfortunately i don't have that addon so i can not test, hopefully someone else will. But i've read that some addon airports might need some tweaks to be adapted for v5, maybe you should post your screens on the official AS forum and people there will certainly be able to help you.

Unfortunately, Aerosoft has no intentions on updating KSMF.

It was for FSX/P3Dv2/P3Dv3 and when P3Dv4 came out they didn't want to update SMF to it. I doubt they will update it to v5.

Here's a weird one, there is a really long 'island' going trough Lake Superior, which coincidentally (or not) seems to line up with the Canadian/American border

vHDFVf8.png