Sign in to follow this  
sharksfan166269

Removing Default airport buildings

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody could potentially explain how one would go about removing default buildings from appearing at 3rd party airports, such as T2G's LFPG. I've done some experimenting and research with ADE and setting exclusions in the AFCAD, but none of my attempts seem to work. If somebody could explain that, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

3 minutes ago, sharksfan166269 said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody could potentially explain how one would go about removing default buildings from appearing at 3rd party airports, such as T2G's LFPG. I've done some experimenting and research with ADE and setting exclusions in the AFCAD, but none of my attempts seem to work. If somebody could explain that, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

This is happening in v5?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Just now, Shomron said:

This is happening in v5?

Yes, v5. I've gotten most, if not all v4 airports to work in v5, but with some, the default airport scenery loads in along with the 3rd party one.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:55 PM, sharksfan166269 said:

Yes, v5. I've gotten most, if not all v4 airports to work in v5, but with some, the default airport scenery loads in along with the 3rd party one.

I´ve got this issue also. LFPG, OTHH, EDDM and was also wondering if anyone else did noticed this. 

Any reactions? Does this have to do with these Airport wide exclusions wich are now needed to surpress these behaviour?

Reactions much welcome!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I am also having this issue.

Currently found it at EGNT and LPFR so far, but going to do a further inspection of all my airports today.

The only way I have found to solve it currently, is by going into ADE, opening the stock airport and removing all the buildings within it, compiling it as a BGL and returning it to either the scenery > world folder, or to a new folder within the sim. Make sure the folder is below all your sceneries.

Would be great if LM could fix this issue though as it is a huge pain!

Adam

I don't see this as an LM issue but rather one for the 3PDs.  In v5 I understand that LM has overhauled the airports so the default scenery more accurately represents the current state of the airport.  Up to v4, it was the old data from FSX I believe that was used - dating back to 2005/2006.  The 3PDs used exclusions to eliminate the default buildings from FSX up to v4 - but the default buildings have changed in v5. 

In these cases, more is required from the developer than a simple portover or just providing new v5 paths in an installer; new exclusions will be required as well for good compatibilty with v5.

I expect it should be possible to make your own exclusions but I haven't tried this in v5, I've only done it in previous versions.

• Upvote 1

Pardon the intrusion from an FSX user, Nick but how might one go about creating exclusions. On quite a few freeware airports I end up with double ILS equipment (shacks, antennae). I do have ADE, do you have to create an exclusion polygon, or actually delete the stock airport object. Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

My fix is going into Airport Design Editor, Load Default Airport, it will tell you what APXXXX.bgl it's located in. Then go ahead and delete the OBXXXX.bgl in that folder. It will remove all default objects (but also from nearby default airports).

EDIT: You can ofcourse rename it to .OFF instead of deleting it, that's safer.

Edited by DjYing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DjYing said:

...but also from nearby default airports)..

That can be a problem - not all the airports in my sim are aftermarket, so I'd still like to see airports/airfields on the ground ,even if some of them have been closed over the years, the evidence is still around unless a shopping mall or industrial park covers it over!

Nice idea though! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I've managed to set exclusions for all my airports, the issue I was having was with the v5 SDK apparently. What I was doing was drawing an exclusion rectangle in ADE and excluding all and then compiling with the v5 bglCompiler, however it seems there must be a bug or a change with this compiler as it would not work, it'd just mess up the altitude values for taxiways and runways in the AFCAD. Changing over to the v4 version of ADE and using v4's bglCompiler and doing the same steps (Exclusion rectangle around whole airport, exclude all, and compile and replace the AFCAD) worked. Not sure if it was just an issue on my end, but with the v4 compiler, I now have no default airport buildings or terrain issues at airports.

• Like 2

Interesting about turning BGLXXX.off     I tried this extension last night after installing FSDT PHNL and Orbx Hawaiian Island Product.  In the Orbx installer i checked I had FSTD PHNL installed but on returning to Sim default buildings were occupying in the FSDT Terminals.  Went to forum found advice to put .off extension on the three files,  FSDT terrain,  elevation, and cvx files.   Okay so restarted sim and the Sim asked politely for me to delete those three .off extension files and i did and it worked.

Food for thought

Steve

7 hours ago, DjYing said:

My fix is going into Airport Design Editor, Load Default Airport, it will tell you what APXXXX.bgl it's located in. Then go ahead and delete the OBXXXX.bgl in that folder. It will remove all default objects (but also from nearby default airports).

EDIT: You can ofcourse rename it to .OFF instead of deleting it, that's safer.

Yikes! I don't suggest doing this, as APX files contain more than one airport and they will all disappear. Here's a kinder and gentler way to fix the issue:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/airport-flatten-issue-p3d-v5.447350/post-841729

It may take some time for each airport, but it will give you the correct exclusions for each default object.

• Like 2

Same problem... I was updating an old scenery to include sloped runway and stock airport buildings and taxi sign appear. Thats not what we want as default airports are generic buildings while custom developed  objects represent the real airport. I will try the fix proposed...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yikes! I don't suggest doing this, as APX files contain more than one airport and they will all disappear. Here's a kinder and gentler way to fix the issue:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/airport-flatten-issue-p3d-v5.447350/post-841729

It may take some time for each airport, but it will give you the correct exclusions for each default object.

As an alternative to this (Due to having compiler issues with ADE) I went about it a similar way. Using ADE to locate the "APX" files for the stock airports, I searched for the corresponding "OBX" files for each stock airport in the "Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery" and switched the file extensions to ".off". 

In addition to this I was already using Lorby-SI's Addon Organizer to ensure proper placement of everything. Currently every 3rd party airport I was having trouble with is now "stock scenery free". Yes it's time consuming and I know that it's been mentioned on multiple forums, this is what I've found that works. 

***Update** Discovered that while the airports no longer have default stock...some of the areas surrounding Downtown for example, the buildings are gone. Tested this for the OBX files surrounding San Antonio and Dallas, TX. Downtown buildings are gone. 

#2 - Successfully excluded the stock airport BGL in ADE, recompiled it using the same V5 parameters, and used Lorbi-SI to create a new entry in the scenery config file. It works perfectly(until I find something else)

Edited by Bassman7e7

On 4/21/2020 at 2:42 AM, CavalierDuck said:

I don't see this as an LM issue but rather one for the 3PDs.  In v5 I understand that LM has overhauled the airports so the default scenery more accurately represents the current state of the airport.  Up to v4, it was the old data from FSX I believe that was used - dating back to 2005/2006.  The 3PDs used exclusions to eliminate the default buildings from FSX up to v4 - but the default buildings have changed in v5. 

In these cases, more is required from the developer than a simple portover or just providing new v5 paths in an installer; new exclusions will be required as well for good compatibilty with v5.

I expect it should be possible to make your own exclusions but I haven't tried this in v5, I've only done it in previous versions.

I beg to differ on the issue being an LM issue.  In my case I purchased an add on airport to cover up the bad default airport in P3D V5 that had objects out of place,  namely KRAP.  The scenery works in P3D v4 but not in v5. So I have to wait until the scenery developer modifies the scenery to work in v5 so I can coverup the bad default airport, which I feel should have been fixed by LM.

• Upvote 1