Sign in to follow this  
bcuomo

Planes crash on short final in V5

4 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

For a start, you’re maxing your settings, probably beyond what your system can handle. Your VRAM is probably being munched.

Nope, this is not a CTD. I have never reached more than 7Gb from the 9.2Gb available with my 1080ti. And that was at LatinVFR KFLL and KMIA rendering at the same time.

This is like my aircraft hit a wall at 300ftAGL on final approach. Both cases right after disconnecting the AP. 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I had this problem at Rwy26's Montego Bay approach, would just slam into the runway on final. Try bringing back your mesh resolution to 5, 10 or even 19, it cured the problem for me.

Best regards

Malcolm Hancock

• Like 1

Malcolm Hancock

Had this happen twice already. Once on approach to Bolzano (LIPB) and once in Patagonia. I believe it was SAWM Rio Mayo.

I use FS Global Ultimate mesh at maximum resolution setting.

28 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

For a start, you’re maxing your settings, probably beyond what your system can handle. Your VRAM is probably being munched.

I use a 2080 TI, VRAM around 4.5 when the crash happens.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, kaha said:

Karl

Don't let yourself get sidetracked. That is a scenery engine issue not a VRAM issue.

27 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

I had this problem at Rwy26's Montego Bay approach, would just slam into the runway on final. Try bringing back your mesh resolution to 5, 10 or even 19, it cured the problem for me.

Best regards

Malcolm Hancock

6 minutes ago, kaha said:

Karl

Do you guys have ORBX Global or ORBX OpenLC?

May me something related to add-on order in the scenery config. I have selected the option in insertion point in ORBX Central to get the re-organized and haven´t have any crash since then. 5 landings in the same airports I used to have those crashes.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I don't believe it's related specifically to any add-on scenery/airports. During a 20 minute helicopter flight over the alps this sort of 'crashing' into the ground happened five times. All occurred when there was less than 500 feet of clearance from the ground but it didn't happen every time. Seems there may be a disconnect between the aircraft's understanding of the clearance above ground and what i actually. Saying that, no obvious cause yet to be able to replicate it 

Pete was pointing you in the right direction, yet you all poo pooed him without even trying...he's got 7500+ posts...you'd think he's seen a few things over that time.  I've been around since the 1st iteration of AVSIM, circa 1996, but I'm just not that chatty!!

Anyway, your problem did happen in v4, it happened in v3, it happened in v2...if your mesh resolution is too high, invisible spikes are created.  All because you didn't see it in v4 ever doesn't mean v5 didn't introduce the error for you.  Without trying reducing mesh to 5m or less, you didn't even try troubleshooting the problem.

It's not a LC issue...LC only paints the pretty pictures on the mesh.

If you use a mesh addon, most of those addon developers state to keep you mesh resolution to less than 5m.

Default mesh?  Well, you can paint your own story with that.

Do a search...there are many threads about this issue dating way back, and the same solution is given...dial back your mesh resolution.  You wont even notice a thing anyway, because the highest resolution you can get commercially that I know of is 2m from Toposim...I could be wrong...but unless you're running high resolution mesh, there is no reason to set 1m in your settings.

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I use ORBX. But I have the same arrangement as in V4.5.

Karl

Same issue at LOWI 08 approach (I wrote a post in ORBX forum). Mesh 5m as recommended by ORBX. I've never had one of these in P3Dv4.x. However, it could be another parameter to modify in P3Dv5 or simply a bug!

ORBX Global Base, Global openLC Europe, LOWI by ORBX.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

just had it again at default LSZH and mesh resolution at 5m. Again, ORBX Global and Europe OpenLC

Ramon De Valencia

18 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

just had it again at default LSZH and mesh resolution at 5m. Again, ORBX Global and Europe OpenLC

I think it might be an ORBX glitch. Try the same spot again with all ORBX off.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

6 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I think it might be an ORBX glitch. Try the same spot again with all ORBX off.

Lee

Open LC and Global products claimed not to have mesh tho

Spoiler

uumlbersicht_zps795850lkg4.jpg&key=fa398

9 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

...with all ORBX off.

Lee

How do you switch it off?

Karl

I have a completely vanilla installation as far as scenery goes.  The only add ons I have installed are the JF arrow and turbo arrow.  And one of the crashes happened with a default plane.  I've heard of planes crashing into invisible objects before, which was one thing that happened to me because the plane just stopped in mid-air.  But with the other, the plane just instantly smashed into the ground, no descent, just one second in the air and the next... Bang!  It's not a simulator crash because the sim keeps running fine afterwards.  I don't have my mesh cranked to the max but I'm not in front of my pc right now so I'll have to check later.  I know that for me the slamming into the ground thing never happened to me on P3Dv3, I didn't have v4.