Sign in to follow this  
Til19031986

A320neo depth in MSFS 2020

5 hours ago, popite78 said:

Quite an old post, I just want to avoid creating a new one. 

You can add that both, the left and the right ND are not independent and display the exact same thing.

Also, the 3D model of the aircraft is great except for the glareshield, it should be straight, but it's not 

26032037303_3cdf17fa3b_b.jpgD8513873-BF80-4E68-AA48-E79BBE9BF83A-sca

But don't be too arch, the development of the sim and the A320 is really early, a month ago, this plane was unflyable with tons of missing feature and bugs. the team is slowly correcting and adding stuffs, the wingflex for example has just being added. As for the system and aerodynamics, I'm convinced everything will be corrected before the release. I don't expect a FsLabs like A320 but more like the "Aerosoft professional A320", which is already quite good for a default aircraft.

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!

This is an alpha. how many freaking time do we have to say it.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Saying that it’s a alpha sounds more and more like a excuse for all the bugs we can see 🤔 

They implement the A320 and know the B747 because they thought, it’s good enough to be tested right ? 

The fact is, there is so much bug that even the dev are getting lost in the bug report. There are bugs which were reported since alpha 1 or even before, and still not fix, on the other hand they continue to implement new stuff with new bugs. 

The next alpha, they don’t even correct anything related to the airbus and Boeing, so they is only 2 Alpha version left. 

It’s take much more time to develop a game with only bugs report, like aerosoft With the A320. The first one was in 2010 and it’s still full of bug now. 

So, I feel like the have release the alpha too soon, or they do a simplify A320.

The first time they release the 320, they said:

“ Though this is the first version of the plane, we hope you will help test many of the systems we’ve already included. For example:

• Fly by Wire system including some of the flight-envelope protection features and new airliner-specific autopilot and auto-throttle functions.
  • MCDU (flight computer)
  • FCU (Autopilot control panel) functions implemented.

All 3 are full of bug, and the flight envelope ? Doesn’t look like it existe. 1 picture show the aircraft at 395kt flying normally 😅. So what the feedback they expect 🤔 not include ? 😅

Edited by popite78

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

We are 2 Alpha versions away from the first Beta.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

No Doubt!!!!

It is indeed and ALPHA....everyone acts like this Alpha is a finished product.

No release date has been announced. LOTS OF TIME for a totally different product at release.

Even going so far as to say we will need all sorts of add-ons like XP11 & P3D.

NO ONE know the answer to this either. The planes it release with may work very well.

Who knows....but threads such as these sure do amuse us!!!

I'm quite impressed with the A320 I remember the days the early days FS2004/FSX/P3D it was hard to find a good payware Airbus for a while so to have something out of the box that does a lot of the things I need is great.

Well I hope you are all rights, but  it’s not like we have never been disappointed by Microsoft. 

They already plan the beta in 1 and a half mouths, and a release in 2020. 🙂 that doesn’t seems like a lot of time 

Maybe some of you have your expectation set a little bit too high ? 

4 minutes ago, popite78 said:

Well I hope you are all rights, but  it’s not like we have never been disappointed by Microsoft. 

They already plan the beta in 1 and a half mouths, and a release in 2020. 🙂 that doesn’t seems like a lot of time 

A lot of things you pointed out are just minor things that are wrong that need fixing or they've decided not to implement them in the first place need fixing...plenty of time to fix before a Beta.

1 hour ago, popite78 said:

Saying that it’s a alpha sounds more and more like a excuse for all the bugs we can see 🤔

Comments like this are why developers are always so reluctant to show us content.

Do you want to know why you're not playing the game right now? Because it's not finished.

• Like 7

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

12 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Comments like this are why developers are always so reluctant to show us content.

Do you want to know why you're not playing the game right now? Because it's not finished.

Exactly. Things gets done according to a backlog and priorities. If you have any experience with SDLC, things gets done according to criticality and complexity to fix. I am sure Asobo is aware of all the things that requires fixing on the A320Neo.

Edit :most software shop used Agile methodology nowadays, which mean delivery an MVP (minimal viable product) and do iterations afterward.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 2

Hopefully Asobo does not feel as comfortable with the timetable as some of the Avsim members given we are two versions away from Beta.

2 hours ago, popite78 said:

It is a perfectly valid and reasonable excuse. I’m actually not sure if this post was being sarcastic or not though, so I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1

Maybe with those two videos from BF4, people should be able to know what a Alpha Version of a game is.

Edited by andrecarli737

imyj2f-5.png

^^^^^^^^^  What has any of that got to do with a flight simulator?  

• Like 1