Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

You guessed right: JustSim will charge you...again!

JustSim has done it again. They made a post on facebook saying:

"We have negotiated with our publisher. The airports of Santorini, Gazipasa, Brussels and Palma de Mallorca will receive a free update for the P3D V5. Other products will receive an update for a symbolic 5 euros. I urge you not to write negative comments here, this is the policy of our publisher."

They charged for V3 minor updates. They charged for V4. They charged for V4 updates. Now they charge for V5.

I find it ridiculous, I have over the years bought a number of their sceneries, and even after complaining I bought a few of the 5 euro updates.

Today marks the end of my purchases to JustSim. They dare to say "this is the policy of their publisher" (SimMarket) and so not theirs !!

While I have got so many products updated in SimMarket, the ONLY developer that charged for updates and said this is not because its a significantly newer version but it's because SimMarket "forces" them to do so, is them. Go figure of their honesty.

Last time this happened they said "we'll make our own shop so we don't charge for updates". This is like 2 years ago, still nothing. 

When the top scenery and aircraft developers in the field offer free updates, I find it ridiculous that an average developer like JustSim ask money again.

I hope that the community will vote with their wallets.

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Upvote 5

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

17 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

JustSim has done it again

Meh. We all knew they would.

I won't complain too loudly after they recently offered 15 or so of their sceneries for just €5 each (before tax). If you want v5-compatible airports, you could in theory get them for just €10 (before tax).
Don't think there's any point getting indignant about it given their somewhat good faith actions earlier this month.

It's word not allowed that they chose to charge 'update' fees, but we're all free to choose not to pay them.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Meh. We all knew they would.

I won't complain too loudly after they recently offered 15 or so of their sceneries for just €5 each (before tax). If you want v5-compatible airports, you could in theory get them for just €10 (before tax).
Don't think there's any point getting indignant about it given their somewhat good faith actions earlier this month.

It's word not allowed that they chose to charge 'update' fees, but we're all free to choose not to pay them.

Sorry @F737NG but this is wrong to say and you shouldn't fall in this trap.

I would agree with this point, if they offered a limited free upgrade to previous owners.

The fact that they offer 5€ sceneries for some days, does not apply to me or others who have already bought the ones we wanted already before their offer.

The 5€ offer is a gift to people who haven't bought their sceneries before, not to the ones who was already their customers.

So, in fact their practice is even more unfair to us than it would be without the 5€ offer ! 

Why?

Because, to me who paid them full price and maybe even bought on release day, they force me to pay even more. But to someone who didn't want to pay them/they didn't like their scenery as much/they thought its overpriced/ etc etc. , they will now give the V5 version for 10€ as you say. You find this something to applause?

I get even more mad over this.

This is a zero excuse.

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

25 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Because, to me who paid them full price and maybe even bought on release day, they force me to pay even more. But to someone who didn't want to pay them/they didn't like their scenery as much/they thought its overpriced/ etc etc. , they will now give the V5 version for 10€ as you say. You find this something to applause?

They force you. That's awful. Why is this in the Prepar3D forum?

Look into a mirror. There's the guy that forced you. Whine to him/her about your lack of willpower.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

18 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

They force you. That's awful. Why is this in the Prepar3D forum?

Look into a mirror. There's the guy that forced you. Whine to him/her about your lack of willpower.

You are completely out of context here. "Forcing" means "the only way they give you to make their sceneries compatible is to pay".

Nobody is forcing me to buy the upgrades, and I won't as I said. Do you even read before you write? 

I guess you look into a mirror. Guess what.  You'll see a person who doesn't understand English.

Edited by ComSimPilot

51 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

The fact that they offer 5€ sceneries for some days, does not apply to me or others who have already bought the ones we wanted already before their offer.

The 5€ offer is a gift to people who haven't bought their sceneries before, not to the ones who was already their customers.

So, in fact their practice is even more unfair to us than it would be without the 5€ offer !

You bought them on release day. Therefore you are the prime targets of any company - a person willing to pay full price. I, on the other hand, am someone who was not bothered by getting my hands on some of their products until they were willing to offer them on sale.

We are now both in the situation where we need to pay €5 to upgrade, yet you had longer use of their products than I did.

I therefore have a choice, spend the €5 or don't. I have long been aware of their pricing strategy, no-one is twisting my arm to upgrade.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This is really a passionate hobby. No doubt about it!.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'll pay for the upgrade. So will a lot of people. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thank you for the heads-up. Never bought any of their sceneries but was on the verge of it. Looks like I'll hold off.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I figured this was coming given the wave of €5 sales.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

what do you expect, if Simmarket is apparently charging for the update. 

You take Airports for 5 Euro and then want Justsim to pay for the update? 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

16 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

what do you expect, if Simmarket is apparently charging for the update. 

You take Airports for 5 Euro and then want Justsim to pay for the update? 

I have so many other products that got free updates to V4 and now V5 and these are for free. One of the two is true:

1) All other developers pay 5 euros for each customer who downloads a new version.

2) JustSim is lying.

Both can't be true. What do you think?

55 minutes ago, F737NG said:

You bought them on release day. Therefore you are the prime targets of any company - a person willing to pay full price. I, on the other hand, am someone who was not bothered by getting my hands on some of their products until they were willing to offer them on sale.

We are now both in the situation where we need to pay €5 to upgrade, yet you had longer use of their products than I did.

I therefore have a choice, spend the €5 or don't. I have long been aware of their pricing strategy, no-one is twisting my arm to upgrade.

Sorry my friend, but you can't make this look right.

I chose to pay full price, I gave them full credit for many products. You did not. How "ethical" is for you that I have to pay even more for V5 than you? 

I am not saying anyone is twisting any arm or forcing. I am commenting on their strategy which is outrageously unfair. That's all I say. 

Edited by ComSimPilot

12 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Both can't be true. What do you think?

are you sure Simmarket doesn't charge for the additional redownload bandwidth, or even new installers? 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I paid full price for Witcher 3 a week after release day. Now you can get it on sale for 7 bucks. Does that mean I got ripped off? 

No. Things get cheaper the farther you get from release day. You chose to buy when it was full price. You got a lot longer time to enjoy it than the people who only bought it yesterday. We can debate on whether or not $5 to upgrade to v5 compatibility is OK, but you don't get special treatment just because you decided not to wait until the price inevitably declined.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1