Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

You guessed right: JustSim will charge you...again!

You can get your Scenery installed from V4+ int V5 with XML-file. there is no need to buy new.

3 minutes ago, Alti said:

You can get your Scenery installed from V4+ int V5 with XML-file. there is no need to buy new.

I’ll be interested to hear if they are all working in v5 as is, fingers crossed.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

are you sure Simmarket doesn't charge for the additional redownload bandwidth, or even new installers? 

I know this: If they do, they charge all developers, not only JustSim. Right?

I also know this:

If a developer uploads a new version (installer) which includes an AFCAD fix or if the developer uploads a new version (installer) which includes P3Dv5 compatibility, it is the SAME for SimMarket. SimMarket does not care what you updated.

Also, as already proven by so many installers we have already got for P3Dv5 (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa, FSDG, LatinVFR etc.)  the P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installers are in the same file.

So, it can't be that SimMarket is only charging JustSim if they upload a new file. Right?

This to me proves that JustSim is simply lying. Do you agree?

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

You must not hear this. TRY IT. Use Lorbys Addonorganiser and make your scenery going into V5.

When ist run its OK, when not, then buy the new one.
I have installed all +Versions from V4 into V5 and they works great.

Edited by Alti
error correct
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

I paid full price for Witcher 3 a week after release day. Now you can get it on sale for 7 bucks. Does that mean I got ripped off?

On the flipside of the coin, Witcher 3 is a complete product, the OS is fixed, especially if it's on console, and the developer isn't putting out an update and then charging you for that. I reckon that should Witcher 3 be released for a new OS (assuming no backwards compatibility..) then the customer would be in a worse situation - the developer would probably want the full asking price rather than just 5 euros.. Just playing devil's advocate..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

9 minutes ago, Alti said:

You must not hear this. TRY IT. Use Lorbys Addonorganiser and make your scenery going into V5.

When ist run its OK, when not, then buy the new one.
I have installed all +Versions from V4 into V5 and they works great.

I am not interested in non-official methods.

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

There must be a prerequisite that all developers are terrible business people.

Getting more money out of v5 is the right thing to do. Getting money for updating compatibility only is not the way to do it. 

I think Leonardo is the only one who did this right. 

• Upvote 1

Well, the question is if JustSim does only make the product compatible with v5 or if they also update features (PBR) and ground layouts like in their last updates. For a feature update I find 5,- Euro a fair price.

However, mere compatibility of a v4 scenery does (mostly) only require two changes:
1) Added exclusions to the AFCAD file
2) A tweak of effect files (DL, smoke...)

Most updates like the ones from FlyTampa or FlightBeam only measure some kilobytes for the new AFCAD and effect. Issuing those via a zip file should be possible at Simmarket, where I got frequent notifications of updates. 

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Justsim? No other developer I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) offered so many discounts (reaching even 75% off) in these hard times.
One awesome scenery was free (Vnukovo), most others possible to buy in the price of four per one (!). I have never seen such a gesture in my very long FS career. This itself earns my huge respect for Andrei.

Yes, I did pay repeatedly to quite a lot of other developers too, both scenery, tools and aircraft. Honestly, it has never bothered me, as flightsimming is not my priority in life, it is just a hobby (fantastic though).
So I always select what I want and need. If an add-on is a necessity for me (as well as the next new always-paid version of my current sim), I pay, which means I need and want it, plus it is worth. If it is not, I don't pay.

Edited by Rafal

40 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

No.

It only means that JustSim is passing their costs of uploading a new version on Simmarket back to the customers right this way and other companies don't.

Edited by Farlis

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

No.

It only means that JustSim is passing their costs of uploading a new version on Simmarket back to the customers right this way.

So if they remove the current installer.exe file and upload a new one, you think SimMarket charges money for that. 

So all other developers uploading new versions have to pay for each delete/upload action 5 euros per customer.

This is what you say.

41 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

I know this: If they do, they charge all developers, not only JustSim. Right?

I also know this:

If a developer uploads a new version (installer) which includes an AFCAD fix or if the developer uploads a new version (installer) which includes P3Dv5 compatibility, it is the SAME for SimMarket. SimMarket does not care what you updated.

Also, as already proven by so many installers we have already got for P3Dv5 (FSDT, FlightBeam, FlyTampa, FSDG, LatinVFR etc.)  the P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installers are in the same file.

So, it can't be that SimMarket is only charging JustSim if they upload a new file. Right?

No, I don't agree, and the accusation is about to get you into trouble here.  You are free to be as unreasonably and frothing-at-the-mouth unhappy as you desire about Justsim not giving you something you have somehow convinced yourself that you are entitled to...you are not free to publicly accuse them of lying here.

Simmarket offers an optional service to create installers for add-ons they market...the installers that open a web browser and take the 20-character registration code and e-mail to produce a long time-limited installer code that you cut-and-paste into the installer to proceed.  I have no idea how Simmarket charges for that service, but I do not believe it's free.  If the developer creates his own installer--as many like FlyTampa, LatinVFR, FSDT, Flightbeam, Tropicalsim and others do, then they are not depending on (or paying for) Simmarket to do that installer build work for them.

So please dial it back a couple notches.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

So if they remove the current installer.exe file and upload a new one, you think SimMarket charges money for that. 

Exactly.

Edit: At least I assumed so. Now I looked it up. 

https://vendor.simmarket.com/register.php

They take 30% commission out of each sale. (But that is only a time limited offer for new vendors. Which JustSim doesn't fall into. So they probably have to pay more.)

Edited by Farlis

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, I don't agree, and the accusation is about to get you into trouble here.  You are free to be as unreasonably and frothing-at-the-mouth unhappy as you desire about Justsim not giving you something you have somehow convinced yourself that you are entitled to...you are not free to publicly accuse them of lying here.

Is that an AVSIM rule that you can't accuse someone of lying? Who gets that protection? AVSIM advertisers? Average users? It's an honest question, because that seems like a whole can of worms to open up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I understand the sentiment, @ComSimPilot, and I too feel a little disappointed. I have bought many of their airports over the last two years or so, though always on sale, never full price (but therefore unfortunately was not able to use their 5 Euro sale). I'm glad that at least EBBR and a couple others will receive free upgrades. As for the other airport sceneries I bought from them, all this really does is make me reconsider which airports I truly want to use hereon out. I can already see that I will always have to keep giving them money for what are otherwise are most likely very minor revisions. I'm personally not willing to do that. As such, I will only upgrade the airports I really care about and that I actually used a couple times over the time I've owned that airport. Others I will simply not upgrade right now, not without a more substantial upgrade. For example, EDDH is supposedly getting one, so that I will probably go for.

In the end it's a personal decision. I will say I don't particularly like that JustSim charges when most other developers do not appear to do so, but I think it comes down to the way JustSim wishes to handle it. I believe Simmarket charges only when they have to put up a new product page with a new dedicated installer, otherwise I don't think they do so - but of coruse I could be mistaken. Thus, when a developer uploads a fix to an existing product, there is no extra cost because it is considered the same product. Effectively, you buy multiple versions for the same price. Instead, JustSim chooses to create a new product page that is specific to a P3Dv5 version, and I'm sure this comes with a cost, charged by Simmarket - after all it counts as a new product. I think this is the crux of their update policy, and to me it comes across more as greed than most anything else. For example, just yesterday I got an update saying that MexHighFlight added a P3Dv5 update for their GMMX scenery. Simple, no? No need to create an all new product page for a special P3Dv5 version and charge 5 Euro for that, me thinks.

On the flipside, I can also see that justSim typically charges less than the average developer. Does this mean that they should charge for upgrades every single time? I honestly don't know. Like I said - I believe it comes down to your moral and ethical disposition towards such things, and if customers don't want to pay, then they don't. In my case, ELLX and EDDL are probably worth it for me, given their importance in European aviation. But many others I bought will probably be left behind until I find renewed interest in those destinations.

@Rafal: Regarding JustSim discounts. I do not remember any time that they gave any more than 20% discount, except for the ones they had in the last month - which indeed was incredibly generous of them, no doubt about it. But otherwise, they pretty much always do a 20% disocunt.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case