Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Boating with nVidia WaveWorks is awesome!

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Looks pretty wild.

How do you 'place' a boat at a certain position in the ocean/bay?

Thanks,

Mark

That's easy...two ways..one easier than the other.   For instance, you now decide to try your boating hand...so,  you place the boat folder in SimObjects Airplane folder. Then..at the open screen you pick the boat...and then pick for the airport a Sea Plane Base, or as it shows up...a SPB.  That should plunk your boat directly into the water. But what if you want to plunk yourself down upon the lake that your family has a cottage, or you swam in as a kid...now two ways for that:  You purchase a seaplane, or amphibian like the Quest Kodiak I have...and then land it exactly where you want to start boating from...like right in front of what would be your real family cottage. Then...you swap out the amphibian for the boat. You are good to go. The other way, is to merely place the boat at an airport that is very close to your lake, ocean, stream, river...and plunk it down on the runway. Then, you use the Y key to SLEW move it feet, miles, whatever into the water.  Then you release again by pressing the Y key and you will be floating on that body of water.  So...three ways to get your boat onto water...  Hope this helps.  Have fun!

Captain Mitch

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Reading this thread , I'm suddenly not caring about PMDG and FSL  v5 releases.... 😊

Does the guy over at Delta Sim studios realise whats about to hit ?

Okay, where's the Cruise ships ?  

cheers, 

Edited by joby33y
  • Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

The wakes seem to work fine with this quite old Deltasim model. They did not work well in 4.5. I am intrigued to try this right now, but there is some other life as well 🙂

Hans

The wakes seem to work fine with this quite old Deltasim model. They did not work well in 4.5. I am intrigued to try this right now, but there is some other life as well 🙂

Hans

1 hour ago, yurei said:

Also Orbx includes a pilotable boat in their free PNW sceneries.

link ? 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Sorry, no idea why this was posted three times 😞

Hans

double post (snip).

Edited by Sesquashtoo

8 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Reading this thread , I'm suddenly not caring about PMDG and FSL  v5 releases.... 😊

Does the guy over at Delta Sim studios realise whats about to hit ?

Okay, where's the Cruise ships ?  

cheers, 

Joby...coming right up...just down the coast a little bit...:)

2020-4-18-15-2-36-933.jpg

2020-4-18-15-1-52-418.jpg

2020-4-18-16-4-32-527.jpg

2020-4-18-16-5-6-687.jpg

2020-4-18-16-5-26-119.jpg

2020-4-18-16-5-37-71.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I wouldn't mind a cruise ships. Be kinda fun to leave say Port Canaveral and head to Nassau. In real time would take about 14hr 

• Like 1

Eric 

ok this is something you could use the P3D v5 for as "new" for me - as a ship simulator - with real weather and traffic - why not, maybe I will buy V5 after all, looks pretty cool, with ORBX Harbours !   Harbour communication ? 
perfect !!

Edited by AUA425
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I'd love for this to replace sailing in Vehicle Simulator.  They do a good job there, but no good weather and the only populated area is Spain and the Caribbean with the rest either being empty or low resolution stuff.  Graphics are reasonable.

There are some absolutely incredible ships for VS.  Super high resolution, the payware is as good as anything for the flight sims, although obviously not as complex.  I've even talked to a couple of developers about making ships for FSX/P3D but there was no interest.

One of the first things I thought when I saw the original teaser for MSFS was that we could use that for boating.  Looks like P3Dv5 will be just as good.  Just need a bit more detail in the marinas and harbors of the world. 😄

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

33 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I wouldn't mind a cruise ships. Be kinda fun to leave say Port Canaveral and head to Nassau. In real time would take about 14hr 

putt-putt-ing around Lake Tahoe took a while. Easy to fill up a couple hours with some low key simming.

• Like 1