Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Boating with nVidia WaveWorks is awesome!

Got my sea-legs with the Bounty..and now headed out for Puget Sound...and yes...the ship is bobbing stem to stern in the wave swells...and not as another poster stated...that boats "only bounce on the water"...yes..boats react to the wave swells and troughs...the same as a sea-plane does. At anchor, they will bob and swell...at forward momentum, they cut through the waves...and with enough lift, prior to take off..will be seen bouncing upon the tops, but ONLY if you are in Spot View..and NOT  LOCKED SPOT VIEW...that is very important...for LOCKED literally does that..it locks physical motion...  He was probably on Locked Spot View..for that is the default setting when going to outside the cockpit...FYI.

A thank you again to Soy...for suggesting for those using/having a GTX1070 8GB card...and dropping to 2024x2024 (Medium) did the trick. I was at 4096 Ultra. That was what was having me near 5.9 GB load in. At 2024, I am around 4.8-5.4 so no vRAM OOM's on the horizon...just TrueSky...:)   Now..to Tahiti...for a load of Bread Fruit....:)

Post Edit:  A brief review of this payware quality sailing add-on...for that it most certainly is...

Quick bullet points.  The entire ship is premium animated...the sails, under the crew's voices, and the command of the officers, deploy in animation, not just there, or not there. The sounds are awsome..the creaking of the ropes, rigging...ship's bell (if you have it enable) and if you have Bath on...you will hear Wales call-sounds...above the waterline, marine bird-life.  The sails react to wind speed and direction by turnin on their rigging pivots to follow the wind, and they billow.  HDR fully renders upon the sails...and if you catch the sun right...you can actually see the stitching of the cloth...simply amazing reality.  The sounds of the water against the hull, is just like you were watching Muitiny on the Bounty...it's that good and sampled...  So...all in all, I highly suggest you print the payware quality manual...or at least RTFM!  That will allow you to 'get under sail'...and really enjoy this most relaxing time spent aboard HMAV, The Bounty.... 🙂

I wish you all fair weather...this Sunday morn...a good day to be under full cloth...:)

Captain Mitch

2020-4-19-6-0-14-130.jpg

2020-4-19-6-2-2-571.jpg

2020-4-19-6-5-44-476.jpg

2020-4-19-6-28-13-952.jpg

2020-4-19-6-37-30-994.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

The Bounty, is so good...that I have decided to create for myself, what it would have been like, as a Merchant Marine Captain, in the two years prior to the Revolutionary War...plying trade up the East Coast of the Colonies...taking on shipments of tobacco from the Virginia's...shipping to Boston...taking on board Whale Oil, textiles..and then heading up to Nova Scotia, and to Gander, Newfoundland, for Salted Cod. Then...across the Atlantic Ocean to the Port of Bristol...  This is going to be a blast...with saving the real-time voyage as mentioned.  Will save each ending 'episode' so as to complete the entire Merchant Marine Scenario, as I can.  I have always wondered what it would have been like...with my also, going to create Hurricane Conditions, in the mid Atlantic...and will capture the whole journey...in Screen Shots.   P3Dv5 has brought whole new levels of enjoyment, not only obviously as a flight simulator..but now with real-life looking oceans, lakes, rivers...and that the look of the ocean will change with any change to the weather, wind energy...makes this a true Marine Sailing Simulator for the cost of one...

Back to my maiden voyage...to learn the 'ropes'...

2020-4-19-6-41-38-413.jpg

2020-4-19-6-42-8-557.jpg

2020-4-19-6-45-3-940.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

WOW...man..I have been saying a lot of; Wow's over the last three days...!  I see you have the control panel running...I take that you are not running this in v5?  Right?🙂

Nope, V5

35 minutes ago, mcdonoughdr said:

Nope, V5

My instrument panel is dark...will have to sort that out, then. Installed in P3D v4.5, I have an active panel. Thanks..

Edited by Sesquashtoo

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I'm downloading this right now, and if I can get it to work/hack it for P3D v5, I'll report back what needs to be done.

Changed my mind again! its does work but I see you figured it out. Even with simple addons it helps if you RTFM.🤣

• Like 1

I am sitting here dreaming about a nice Ranger Bass boat 20 footer with a Mercury 225 HP on the rear. 65 or 70 MPH on the rivers!! "Word not allowed" !!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The Bounty in the evening with Truesky is really something special. After sailing along with her in v5 I recommend binge watching the three movies, with Clark Gable, Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson. A great experience!

Hans

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, ryanbatcund said:

It's a Scott sighting...he does exist!

Hi Ryan,

Yeah - been a while  - I've been on a long break for a bit but v5 has me intrigued...

Glad to see you still around... 
🙂

On 4/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Sure have...oh yea...I set the Kodiak Quest about ten feet from the Ketchican cement dock...as I munched some dinner (BBQed chicken wings..good!) and as I ate...the plane drifted right onto the dock..and the effects program took over...and fire wrecked the right pontoon....had to end the 'flight'.   My yacht totally reacts to the waves now...up the side, and down into the trough..if the wave and trough depth is encountered. That the fun now..it all being generated by a water physics engine..and the waves you advance on...are not the same height as some are spouting...they are now dynamic...and I hope I don't encounter a rouge one, for when I get out to open water in the channel. Right now, I'm still protected by the shore...  You can't just land on water like prior flight sims and their release versions.  If you now catch and bury your pontoon tips...you will flip....and if you have both effects slider full right...well, I won't spoil what you will see, IF THAT HAPPENS, lol!  Just will say, that you would most likely be quite...virtually....DEAD....;)

Oh..as to what I think you meant...not just prop off drifting...yes...the plane will advance upon the water with just idle prop wash...but, if you own Accu-Feel, you can dial in exactly what water drag you want to work against your pontoons...from 0..to whatever, but P3D v5 now mimics real seaplane prop wash handling...yes.

Hi...

That does sound pretty exciting - thanks for the detailed response...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

These waves are much nicer than before. Unfortunately, the physics don't play well along with the available boats. For example, the Bounty with broad reach wind at 12 knots does not behave like a sail ship of its type should under these conditions. Don't even try to dare tacking. I guess this is a limitation of the model. It'still nice to sail into the dusk with a nice breeze.  

Hans