Sign in to follow this  
captain420

AIG AIM OCI v0.9.3.13 in Prepar3D v5

But, the traffic does still show up fine in V5 minus some effects, it's still much better than having no AI at all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

But, the traffic does still show up fine in V5 minus some effects, it's still much better than having no AI at all.

exactly 😎

André

That was my conclusion as well.  v5 seems to have much less of a performance hit from hi traffic counts too.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello, does a document exist how to start with AIG? What you need, which downloads and how to use it?

Thx,

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I am close to have AI Lights Reborn Pro ready for V5 which will address most issues with effects. I have been assisting Kaii and Chris on their conversion so they can prepare the new "default" effects for AIGM that are required for P3D V5. However we are finding some problems with landing lights and other issues:

A) Landing and Taxi lights are far too intense (5000 lumen) making them look far to bright both on runway and PBR materials, I am on talks with LM to see how we can find a good solution that avoids AI modellers having to create custom effects, etc. as this would increase the workload for many developers. As an alternative I can inject my own custom landing lights "effects" with AI Lights Reborn Pro (at the moment I only inject textures) but this is something I have been developing for a while for V2 of AI Lights Reborn Pro, so for the moment this just plan B (which can be deployed in a couple of weeks if necessary).

B) With enhanced atmospherics enabled the colour of lights over long distances becomes orange with SimObjects that are in the air, this seems to occur then they are in an altitude between 1500 and 4000 feet and beyond 4nm out. This affects default landing lights and strobes for any object when you are seeing these from 4.5 to 6 nm out. So mostly AI Models. It also affects AI Lights Reborn strobes and the current implementation of landing lights. The problem has also being reported to LM, the current way around is disabling TrueSky but I am not happy with that approach and therefore I am seeking solutions. At the moment I am playing the Particle V5 shaders to see if I find a way to correct it until LM confirms the issue (they are busy fixing other more important bugs) and advise if they can correct it.

Problem A) is the main reason why @Kaiii3 is waiting as if we don't find a solution they will need to update all their AI models (.mdl) files.. our hope is that problem A gets addressed on the next upcoming HotFix. So I will continue putting this problem on the spot for LM devs so they don't forget it. 

Thanks all for your patience.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

That's great Raul. What would we do without such passionate developers like you and those from AIG and many others.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 6

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, kaha said:

Hello, does a document exist how to start with AIG? What you need, which downloads and how to use it?

Thx,

Karl

Thx, I found everything!

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

@simbol @Kaiii3,

Gents are you able to provide any update on  your respective products in P3D V5? Understand that there were some issues with the .FX files and discussions were taking place with LM about what could and could not be fixed.

The last post I saw on the matter on the AIG forums  (https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=33243.0) is from 5 May at which time Kaiii3 indicated .FX files would need to be updated over the coming weeks. Where are we at with that?

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

On 4/19/2020 at 3:53 AM, joepoway said:

I use 1% to 100% in AIG settings BEFORE I install flight plans. I set P3D to 100% airliners and use FSUIPC to limit the traffic according to PC capability and personal preference. FSUIPC 6 is what you want for P3Dv5 and it’s backwards compatible with v4. If you don’t have FSUIPC buy the full version it’s worth it and helps the developer who has been great for our hobby for years.

Good Luck

Joe

Why not using the default 1% to 1% in AIG, setting airlines traffic to 100% in P3D and limiting a number of aircraft in FSUIPC?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Why not using the default 1% to 1% in AIG, setting airlines traffic to 100% in P3D and limiting a number of aircraft in FSUIPC?

Thanks

If that works for you, then have at it. The joys of having choices. 😉

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

18 hours ago, KL Oo said:

@simbol @Kaiii3,

Gents are you able to provide any update on  your respective products in P3D V5? Understand that there were some issues with the .FX files and discussions were taking place with LM about what could and could not be fixed.

The last post I saw on the matter on the AIG forums  (https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=33243.0) is from 5 May at which time Kaiii3 indicated .FX files would need to be updated over the coming weeks. Where are we at with that?

Cheers,

AI lights reborn reborn professional is already compatible with P3D V5.

If you visit my forums on Avsim you can find all the official statements, etc.

Stay tuned for a very significant change for AI models landing lights that I will be pushing with HF2 😉.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1

They're not going to be blinding like they are now? 🙂

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

On 5/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, KL Oo said:

@simbol @Kaiii3,

Cheers,

we are still in progress of updating thr fx files, it takes a bit longer then planed. And with the still faulty fx_landing effect it is not that easy to do the rest of the effects. We hope that LM will finaly fix it so we can fix the last fx-files

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

6 hours ago, KL Oo said:

They're not going to be blinding like they are now? 🙂

Not sure what you mean..

But they will have an important improvement alongside to be able to simulate atmospheric shimmering effects.

S.

What about the free version of lights reborn for ai ? Is that working in v5?

mike