Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Conflict with MK Studios Scenery

I have my P3d v5 and v4 on the same pc. When I started up v5 I got several errors that popped up for Dublin and Lisbon. I didn’t install these into v5, and they were already previously installed in my v4 setup. Once I uninstalled Dublin and Lisbon the errors disappeared. The errors said something about SODE entires with the same name. Anyone else have this error? I would like to keep these installed into v4 but I don’t want these errors in v5.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Yes, it's nasty. There is a thread on this on the SODE forum.

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=p3dv5-error-multiple-objects-with-same-title-name

Basically you have to remove the disturbing items from the SODE installation (and nag the maker to amend the issue).

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I drag Dublin folder to the desktop. Replace when flying v4. 

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

That’s interesting. I think MK is supposed to have updated installers for v5, I wonder if this will fix the problem.

Cheers, Pete

Maybe I am getting senile but I don’t recall so many issues when we went from v3 to v4 but I could be mistaken.

Cheers, Pete

2 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

That’s interesting. I think MK is supposed to have updated installers for v5, I wonder if this will fix the problem.

Cheers, Pete

This mus be a conflict even between 4.5 and 5 SODE files. I got error messages from a Drzewiecki Design scenery (and others) which I have not yet installed in version 5 at all. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

This mus be a conflict even between 4.5 and 5 SODE files. I got error messages from a Drzewiecki Design scenery (and others) which I have not yet installed in version 5 at all. 

Kind regards, Michael

Oh that’s good to know. After I installed Orbx global and a couple of regions I stopped installing sceneries. I do have a bunch of Drzewiecki sceneries installed into v4 and haven’t had a SODE error for those yet. Baby steps it is! I hope this all gets sorted out fairly soon.

Cheers, Pete

I get it with imaginesim KATL as well.  They are fixing it.  I contacted MK Studios as well but haven’t heard back yet.

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Imaginesim just said on Facebook that the update for the duplicate SODE object issue has been released and is available through the Imaginesim operations centre.  Still haven't seen anything from MK Studios.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Note that I had to go into the SODE directory and manually delete all IMaginesim KATL objects in order for the fix to work.

Dave

How to fix it: rename everythint named "manche#" inside the MKStudios sode SimObjects folders to something original. E.g. IRELAND1, IRELAND3 etc. Then do the same for the configs and files inside and the files inside the SODE xml.

The error is caused by all jetways of MKStudios sceneries being called MANCHE01 etc. Theyre duplicate.

• Like 1