Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

UTLive working in V5?

I am very satisfied with UTL. I used AIG for a very long time, but with UTL I installed once and never messed with it again...it just works....and very well at that. 

• Like 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

20 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

I am very satisfied with UTL. I used AIG for a very long time, but with UTL I installed once and never messed with it again...it just works....and very well at that. 

Thats what I love about it. If you just want to fill your airports up this does the trick. Moving the Add on over to V5 worked perfectly.

• Like 2

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Would I be able to install it fresh to v5? I don’t and have never had v4... 

40 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Would I be able to install it fresh to v5? I don’t and have never had v4... 

I really don't know.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I use UTL,and AIG for the cargo.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 4:25 PM, PATCO LCH said:

Thank you sir!

Could someone explain hoe to do this for me? I'm not seeing the xml file or the directory

16 minutes ago, BillyTRichVa said:

Could someone explain hoe to do this for me? I'm not seeing the xml file or the directory

likewise

On 4/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, Chapstick said:

I strongly recommend against buying UTL.

I use UTL and love it. It just works and works well. Best GA AI there is. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, BillyTRichVa said:

Forewords : "Please be aware that using UTLive 1.2.0.0 in P3Dv5 is not supported." -> http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=18336&PID=84299&title=utlive-database-p3dv4-to-p3dv5#84299

If UTL is already installed in Prepar3D v4, you should have this folder "C:\Users\<Your name>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive". Just copy the the folder "utLive" into the same structure for Prepar3D v5 C:\Users\<Your Name>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Yes, It works!  Not only did it work, but i was surprised to find that the Ai aircraft landed properly on LatinVFR KFLL Addon with sloped runway!

pretty cool! And to think i used to think you could never top Chuck Yeagers advanced flight trainer.

6 hours ago, ccna41 said:

Yes, It works!  Not only did it work, but i was surprised to find that the Ai aircraft landed properly on LatinVFR KFLL Addon with sloped runway!

pretty cool! And to think i used to think you could never top Chuck Yeagers advanced flight trainer.

All AI models now follow sloped runways under V5.

Regards,

Simbol 

On 4/23/2020 at 3:11 PM, vbazillio said:

If UTL is already installed in Prepar3D v4, you should have this folder "C:\Users\<Your name>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive"

My machined was 'cleaned' before I installed v5, but it has caused problems. I can't say where anyone is saying something about the 
C:\Users\<Your name>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive  before. In fact there was nothing in the Documents folder. 
However, in the C:\Users\<Your name>\OneDrive\Documents, you can see and v5 is in there.  

Then when I start utLive, there's nothing list of Current Active Flight Simulator.  I can't get it to work. Help would be appreciated.  Btw, I am installing 1.2.

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

You only find the xml in \onedrive\Documents if your using OneDrive, that's a custom path that P3D's search for add-on.xml is not aware of. I've seen others comment on their OneDrive path not working.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 minute ago, jimcarrel said:

You only find the xml in \onedrive\Documents if your using OneDrive, that's a custom path that P3D's search for add-on.xml is not aware of. I've seen others comment on their OneDrive path not working.

Im not sure why it wouldn't myself, but both \OneDrive\Document and the <yousername>\Document folders now contain the Prepar3d  folders, but it doesn't help - P3Dv5 can't find a flight sim.  

It doesn't help, though.  I saw people talking about xml files before - where are they and where should they be?

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

It searches in the windows (username) Document folder (consider it a system folder- hard coded) it won't be searching in a folder path of OneDrive. Example, I used windows itself to move my Documents folder to drive J. and that's where P3d searches. I don't know how else to try to explain it. Maybe your xml with the OneDrive in that path is messing up the search. I know early this morning somebody couldn't add something or other and his xml path had OneDrive in it. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's