Sign in to follow this  
Kermit42

IRIS Simulations Free Until June 1st

IRIS is generously offering their whole catolog for free until June 1st!!!

http://www.irissimulations.com.au

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Holy cow! Thanks!

Update: I already had some of their fleet.

I downloaded some P3D versions. Does anyone know if the P3D v3 work in P3D v4?

TEXAN & Warthog etc.

Thanks.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

yes all the Iris planes work in P3dv4 (i have 6 of them). The CT/4F is native v4, all the others have 32 bit sound engine (but all gauges work). To hear the cockpit noises (clicks, etc) you have to download the 64 bit version of Doug Dawson's sound dll and rename to replace the one that comes with the Iris aircraft. Otherwise they are work great in v4.

EDIT: looks like the PC-21 is native v4 compatible too. I think David updated it to include with P3dv5 as it is Lockheed Martin's new turboprop trainer.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

I am interested in the Iris PC-24 but it does not show up as a download? 

is this incredible offer limited and not the whole catalogue as in the OP post?

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hey guys,

I am interested in the Iris PC-24 but it does not show up as a download? 

is this incredible offer limited and not the whole catalogue as in the OP post?

Regards

Tony

I was looking for the PC-24 but did not see it either.

22 minutes ago, yurei said:

yes all the Iris planes work in P3dv4 (i have 6 of them). The CT/4F is native v4, all the others have 32 bit sound engine (but all gauges work). To hear the cockpit noises (clicks, etc) you have to download the 64 bit version of Doug Dawson's sound dll and rename to replace the one that comes with the Iris aircraft. Otherwise they are work great in v4.

So the Texan & Warthog will work in P3D v4 by simply renaming Doug's sound.dll gauge to the name for each airplane? Perfect!

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So the Texan & Warthog will work in P3D v4 by simply renaming Doug's sound.dll gauge to the name for each airplane? Perfect!

I have them both working in v4 as well as working with the addon.xml method (but that requires a good bit of file editing)

This is an amazing gift by IRIS. The Texan is a thing of beauty.

• Like 2

So I downloaded the IRIS Warthog and dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 from Dawson.  Is that the right file from Dawson and where do I find the IRIS file that needs to be replaced?  There is a file in the Panel folder called dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau.  Is that the one?

Ken

Been really surprised at all the generosity and paying it forward this month! I think i still have some of their really old stuff in the "hangar" but its been years for my geriatric system....  all of these can be my early birthday gifts too 😛

Does anyone know if the Raptor is TacPack ready like the Hog?

• Like 1

OK, figured it out.  I copied  the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll from inside the DSD_p3d_xml_sound_x64 folder to the Warthog Panel folder and renamed it dsd_fsx_xml_sound.dll.  I renamed the existing dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau to dsd_fsx_xml_sound_gau.org to render it unused.  I now have sounds in the cockpit!

Ken  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Did what Ken said for sound and my T-6 and A-10 are working fine in P3Dv5.  Pointed the installer right at the P3D main folder. Thanks.

Most of these are pretty out of date. I made the mistake years ago of paying for the Grob G109B... it's an excellent 3D exterior model with a hasty lashup of a VC panel and flight dynamics that are way off. Ended up tinkering with the .air file to get the general performance and airbrake deployment behaviour somewhere near reality and book values.

The Grob Tutor/115 is far better but handles like a fighter jet rather than a muscular GA training aircraft. Extremely sensitive to control inputs but a much more faithful model all round and with plenty of liveries too.

The T-6 was made for FSX and the interior shows it. Good bit of fun at today's price!

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Unfortunately the PC-24 seems not be available to download - did anyone manage to grab it? 

Edmundo Azevedo

37 minutes ago, ega said:

Unfortunately the PC-24 seems not be available to download - did anyone manage to grab it? 

I never saw it listed on the website... i think they just temporarily delisted the stuff that's not part of the giveaway... but it is still listed over on Simmarket... only not available for purchase- which makes me think of the SWS F4B Phantom before it was last weekend's giveaway so... maybe some of the other stuff that can still be found on Simmarket is scheduled to be part of the daily giveaways over there??? Purely speculation but then again...

Edited by Citrus1494
rewording thoughts