Sign in to follow this  
benjoglove

PC24 landing and taxi lights.

Good Afternoon,

I have the PC24 and Im looking at fixing the landing and taxi lights. When turned on they illuminate the cabin quite brightly.

Has anyone been able to fix this or point me int he right direction on how it could be done?

Thanks in advance

You might be able to load the model with ModelConverterX (available at FSDeveloper.com) and adjust the attached fx_lights.fx file(s), but I'm not familiar enough to go into details.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks I have loaded it up in model x converter but as you, not sure were to go from here. Do we change the position of the lights so they face another way. If anyone has any knowledge or able to fix it please let me know as I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Point them slight towards the side until your cockpit is no longer filled with light...

...or move them forward in the interior (VC) until they don't flood the cockpit.

Make sure to edit the interior model; leave the exterior model alone! :cool:

Fr. Bill    

Okay some further help if I may because I would love to get this fixed.

Here are some images of what I am facing in the cockpit:

https://imgur.com/a/3Ruv6F2

I'm not sure were to go once in Model X Converter to access the lights to change? (photo in link)

xmodel-pc24.png

Sorry to report that none of the images you posted show up here. Honestly I think you would get a better chance for help by joining and posting on the FS Developer forums. I don't really know how MCX works myself as I use 3d Studio Max myself...

Fr. Bill    

Please paste the provided BBCode into your forum post like I did for your 2nd screenshot!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

8 hours ago, charliearon said:

Please paste the provided BBCode into your forum post like I did for your 2nd screenshot!

So the order goes from no taxi/landing ligjts off, then taxi on, then taxi+landing on.t3-Axqf0-d.png
4-K9hu-LW-d.png
Mh-LCowj-d.png
Dd0fw-E2-d.png

Edited by benjoglove
  • Like 1