Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Real Air

I have Real Air Turbine Duke and Lancair Legacy in a P3Dv 4.5 and P3D v5 setup-flying well 

Is there a way of renaming the file/folder of these planes so that they are seen separately in each setup 

Otherwise P3D v4.5 keeps querying the installation 

I have done this before with the same 2 planes when I had a P3Dv3 and P3Dv 4 setup running on same computer but I have forgotten what I did to successfully resolve the situation 

xxd09

I successfully installed Duke turbine v2 for P3Dv5 when it was already installed in P3Dv4.5..
Just point the installation directory to Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

And indeed many messages appear in the other simulator (p3dv4).
By ignoring these messages, the same plane seems to be functional in both versions. 

Edited by Avance

JPM

I'm glad to hear that Duke v.2 works with P3Dv5. I haven't purchased P3D yet, but getting closer,especially with this news. My situation is ,I will be running V5 only.   S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

What sort of messages are you getting in v4.5?  I installed both Dukes and the legacy to my p3dv5 addon folder and v4 doesn’t see then because that folder is not read by v4.5’s addon.cfg file.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Message in P3Dv4.5 while the same aircraft is newly installed in P3Dv5.

v7bmZnH.jpg

JPM

Strange, I don’t have that message in v4.5.  What folder did you install the duke into for v5?  V4.5 is reading that folder.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Strange, I don’t have that message in v4.5.  What folder did you install the duke into for v5?  V4.5 is reading that folder.

Installation du Duke Turbine v2  in Prepar3D v5 Add-ons  where he installed a RealAir folder.

JPM

I’d suggest looking in both addons.cfg files for v4 and making sure the Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder is not referenced in either of them.

Dave

Strange, I can't find any trace of RealAir in either add-on.cfg.
Never mind, I disabled the Duke in the P3DV4.5 add-ons.
Thanks for your help.

JPM

I tried to install this to P3Dv5 and the installer versions fsx through p3dv4 are greyed out.

I have totally uninstalled v4, so do you know how I install it direct to v5?

If I press next through the installer to choose a folder location, then choose p3dv5 addons, it appears to install but I get lots of errors when I try to save the config panel settings.

It's moaning about not finding the FSX registry and various other files.

Any help would be greatly welcomed

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Managed to get it done 

Uninstalled and reinstalled into v4.5 h2 and all OK now

The installers are still available to previous purchasers at Real Air website

I put both planes into P3D v4 and 5 Addons

xxd09

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

I tried to install this to P3Dv5 and the installer versions fsx through p3dv4 are greyed out.

I have totally uninstalled v4, so do you know how I install it direct to v5?

If I press next through the installer to choose a folder location, then choose p3dv5 addons, it appears to install but I get lots of errors when I try to save the config panel settings.

It's moaning about not finding the FSX registry and various other files.

Any help would be greatly welcomed

Stu

The installation is done using the RASDukeTv2_FSX_P3D.exe file.

JPM

Yes, that's what I'm using.

But all the sim install options are greyed out.

So where do I install it too when I choose a folder location?

Installing it into p3dv5 addons doesn't work. It is not present in the aircraft list in p3dv5?

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

11 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Yes, that's what I'm using.

But all the sim install options are greyed out.

So where do I install it too when I choose a folder location?

Installing it into p3dv5 addons doesn't work. It is not present in the aircraft list in p3dv5?

Stu

Here's how I did it :

gJnRonr.jpg

JPM