Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Real Air

Yep, me too.

Install appears to be ok. The sim doesn't detect it in the addons.

I don't get the 'Enable addon' option when I boot the sim.

So, at least I'm installing it the same way as you.

Do you have a previous install of the aircraft in P3dv4? 

I didn't and it complains about not being able to find the FSX reg entry.

Hopefully someone can advise of a work around.

Thanks very much for your help so far.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

14 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Do you have a previous install of the aircraft in P3dv4? 

I

Yes.

JPM

I think you already have a registry entry for it, then.

That's basically why my install is complaining....... 

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I may be overthinking this, but I want to be sure I don't screw up the install procedure.

I am running both v 4.5 and now v5 of Prepar3d.

The install instructions that are issued by Real Air  with the installers, as well as the advice of this thread, advise to point the installer to the Add-ons directory of v5, which should be at this location:   users\myname\documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons

But in my system, there is not an "Add-ons" folder at this location; rather it refers to:   users\myname\documents\Prepar3d v5 files

This is the same way v4.5 is set up. And of course, the Aircraft in v4 and v5 all are installed to the "\simobjects\airplanes" folder of each installation.  

So my question comes down to how do I proceed to install the Duke into v5 with the installer:

1. Install it to the ..\documents\Prepar3d v5 files folder that already exists,

2. Do I create an "Prepar3d v5 Add-ons" directory under the documents or Prepar3d v5 files folder, or

3. Simply point the installer to the simobjects\airplanes folder of the v5 installation.

Sorry if I'm overcomplicating this, but sometimes these details do matter!

Thanks,

Rich L

Installation read me (from RealAir) :

LICENCE This installer is provided only for RealAir customers who have previously purchased the Duke B60 V2 for FSX. Please read the EULA included in the installer for more detailed information regarding licence conditions.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT RealAir Simulations ceased trading in December 2016. As such this installer is provided as-is without further customer support. This installer will continue to work with the supported simulators into the future with no installation limits. 
SUPPORTED SIMULATORS This installer will install the Duke B60 V2 into the following simulators: FSX (Microsoft) FSX SE (Dovetail) P3D v2 P3D v3 P3D v4. On the select simulator screen of the installer, you can only select a simulator if it is currently installed on your system. The Duke can be installed into multiple simulators, but the installer must be run once for each simulator you wish to install into. There is no guarantee this product will work in future versions of FSX or P3D released after the date listed at the end of this document.
INSTALLATION README DUKE B60 V2
DUKE B60 V2 2
DUKE B60 V2INSTALLATION README
P3D V4 INSTALLATION When installing into P3D v4, by default, the installer will install the Duke B60 V2 into the default P3D v4 add-ons folder, which is: [Documents]\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons ‘[Documents]’ is the current Windows user’s “Documents” folder, usually located at ‘C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons’ If you wish you can install the Duke elsewhere and the installer will automatically modify the P3D v4 ‘SimObjects.cfg’ file so that P3D v4 will know where the Duke files are located. For maxmum compatibility with other third party add-ons we recommend you install to the default location.
CONFIG PANEL IN P3D The Duke B60 was never officially released for any version of P3D. Because of that the Duke Config Panel was not designed with P3D in mind. It appears to work OK but perfect config panel functionality in P3D is not guaranteed. This also means there is no support for new P3D third-party GPS gauges such as the F1 or RXP GTN 750/650.
RealAir Simulations August 2018.

LICENCE This installer is provided only for RealAir customers who have previously purchased the Turbine Duke V2 for P3D or FSX. Please read the EULA included in the installer for more detailed information regarding licence conditions.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT RealAir Simulations ceased trading in December 2016. As such this installer is provided as-is without further customer support. This installer will continue to work with the supported simulators into the future with no installation limits. 
SUPPORTED SIMULATORS This installer will install the Turbine Duke V2 into the following simulators: FSX (Microsoft) FSX SE (Dovetail) P3D v2 P3D v3 P3D v4. On the select simulator screen of the installer, you can only select a simulator if it is currently installed on your system. The Turbine Duke can be installed into multiple simulators, but the installer must be run once for each simulator you wish to install into. There is no guarantee this product will work in future versions of FSX or P3D released after the date listed at the end of this document.
INSTALLATION README TURBINE DUKE V2
TURBINE DUKE V2 2
TURBINE DUKE V2INSTALLATION README
P3D V4 INSTALLATION When installing into P3D v4, by default, the installer will install the Turbine Duke V2 into the default P3D v4 add-ons folder, which is: [Documents]\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons ‘[Documents]’ is the current Windows user’s “Documents” folder, usually located at ‘C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons’ If you wish you can install the Turbine Duke elsewhere and the installer will automatically modify the P3D v4 ‘SimObjects.cfg’ file so that P3D v4 will know where the Duke files are located. For maxmum compatibility with other third party add-ons we recommend you install to the default location.
P3D V4 CONFIG PANEL
Config Panel Title When installed into P3D v4, the Turbine Duke V2 Config Panel will have ‘Turbine Duke V2 for P3D v3’ written near the top of the Config panel window. That is OK, the Config Panel will still change the settings in your P3D v4 Turbine Duke.
Flight1 GTN750/650 Auto-detection of the Flight1 GTN 750/650 has been disabled in the P3D v4 Config panel. This means that the GTN 750/650 will always be listed as available, even if you don’t have them installed into P3D v4. You still need to have the Flight1 GTN 750/650 installed properly into P3D v4 before they can be used in the Turbine Duke.
RealAir Simulations November 2017.

Edited by Avance

JPM

All is good now (except for the nasty little detail of v5 trying to crash the Duke on final approach!).  The documents/add-ons folder was on another drive and not under the users directory of my Win10 install. 

Is  F1 GTN750 working out of the box , sorry if its answered somewhere else

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes F1 GTN series is updated for v5, you need to download the latest installer.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Updated F1 GTN 750/650

All working in v5 RealAir Legacy and Duke

xxd09

14 hours ago, rlashier said:

The updater doesnt do it then. 

No for this update you need a new installer.  It also directs you to install the latest Garmin trainer.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU