Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Strange issue with P3D Addon Organizer v1.52

8 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Hi Oliver- does 1.53 fix or change the file access behavior? I had to go back to 1.45 and afraid to try 1.53 given the issues I had above. 
Thanks. 
Bruce

Hello Bruce,

There is nothing that I can do about file access problems, that is out of my control. I am at a loss why one version would throw the error and another doesn't. I would have to run a debug version on your computer to find out specifics. 

Only thing I do know is, you shouldn't run the installer of P4AO "As administrator". Just doubleclick it. Otherwise it could happen that the files that the old P4AO created are inaccessible to the new one - and you would have to clean out all of them.

If you want, download the latest version, try it, and contact me by email if you run int trouble. Address is on the last page of the manual. Then we can try to figure out what is going wrong on your end.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

If you want, download the latest version, try it, and contact me by email if you run int trouble. Address is on the last page of the manual. Then we can try to figure out what is going wrong on your end.

I'll try it out and report to you. I know my file access is probably an issue. It stems from the early FSX days when there was a lot of recommendations to do everything associated with flightsim "As administrator". 

It is strange that v1.45 doesn't seem to care. Will email you results.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Wanted to post here for all to see. I uninstalled v1.45 then installed v1.53 as you say above. I still got the access issue this time on a P4AOBAK file. Then I noticed my AV autoprotect was not disabled as it normally is when I am getting ready to fly. I disabled, restarted P4AO and there was no access issue this time. My bad... I did get the out of sequence msg but continued anyway and everything works perfectly just as v1.45 did for me. Important to also note that I activated the strict package law.

The only strange thing to note (not worth your time) is that as a test I enabled my AV stuff and restarted P4AO and this time there were no access issues. So I can't determine whether the issue arose due to the P4AOBAK file only or due to the AV autoprotect because now it works either way. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for a great product!

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

22 hours ago, bbuckley said:

... I did get the out of sequence msg but continued anyway and everything works perfectly just as v1.45 did for me. Important to also note that I activated the strict package law.

I am not using strict package law, and I have also had out of sequence warnings with 1.53. Went back to 1.45 and no out of sequence messages.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Lorby not saving and giving Access to the Path denied message. I deleted all files with the extension of P4AOBAK and still. Recovered all the P4AOBAK files back just in case. So, it doesn't matter those P4AOBAK files. I launch Lorby with Administrative Rights always. Installed with and without Administrative Rights and not a success. Tried with versions 1.34 - 1.39 - 1.45 - 1.53 - 1.55b06 - 1.55b07 and 1.55b10 Any other try to do?

yKae1kc.jpg

Edited by trisho0
adding more info

Patricio Valdes

Reversed Windows Update 1909 and Lorby Addon Organizer worked and no errors. Tried with all Lorby versions and worked just fine. Afraid now to update windows. 

Patricio Valdes

On 8/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, trisho0 said:

Reversed Windows Update 1909 and Lorby Addon Organizer worked and no errors. Tried with all Lorby versions and worked just fine. Afraid now to update windows.

Hello,

sounds odd. I didn't have any issues when updating Windows. 

Unfortunately an issue like this is impossible to troubleshoot from the outside. Is there anything special about that FSDG add-on.xml? What about ownership, what account does it belong to? There are only three options where things can go wrong (for whatever reason, access prvileges, file ownership, path errors):

1. P4AO isn't allowed to rename the add-on.xml to add-on.xml.orig
  2. P4AO isn't allowed to rename the add-on.xml to add-on.xml.P4AOBAK
  3. P4AO isn't allowed to write the new add-on.xml

I would check all of those files for access restrictions (security/ownership). Also, check if something changes with your AntiVirus when you are running the Windows update, maybe AV is blocking file access?

Only advice that I can give you is to avoid running installers "As Administrator". That is not a general rule, but the result of a bad experience that I had with this principle - my user account lost ownership of the files by doing this, and I couldn't even delete them anymore.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Dear Oliver, thanks for your help. The error message related with FSDG has nothing to do with. Even I removed that xml file and tried P4AO again to save something and the error message was related to other file. See now? That error message is something else. The issue is the windows update 1909 maybe changes something preventing P4AO to have rights handling sim files in the system. I could let windows to do the update 1909 again and try to do something but then what? I can reverse windows back if needed. But spending an hour or so for the windows update to complete is hard for me to let it update windows. Reversing windows is very fast. Let's see if another member here has this kind of issue. Or later, you find something to give a try. Any other ideas?

Edited by trisho0

Patricio Valdes

Windows 10 has a message: "Your device is missing important updates . Select this icon for more info."

I hope after updating windows, Lorby is be able to save my changes. From some reason in the past I had windows updated and Lorby wasn't be able to save. After reversing the windows 1909 updates back then Lorby worked just fine. Anyone had this?

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

I hope

Use P4AO to create a backup of your simulator configuration before making changes - so you have something to fall back on!

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 8/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, trisho0 said:

yKae1kc.jpg

OK, After Windows 1909 update again I will open P4AO then Lorby does a backup as recommended. Should P4AO save my changes? Before it didn't per the message posted.

Edited by trisho0
corrected

Patricio Valdes