Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Any Amateur Radio Operators here? (HAMs)

>It seems to be a Dying Hobby :( Ahh well, I'll keep at it, as>long as I can pick up a Mic.>Yep, big time. I don't see much of a future in ham radio. I sold off all my stuff and just kept the HTs for camping trips. I have no plans to get back into the hobby for so many reasons, and the people are a part of it.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Mike and Orlam,I'm sure you meant that to read 2 metres, LOL..........Unless your using gas and electrictity eh?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Mike and Orlam,>>I'm sure you meant that to read 2 metres, LOL>>..........Unless your using gas and electrictity eh?>>Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim>User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/It's those funny Americans, Dave. They never can spell correctly. :-lol

What the h3ll are you talking about? I never even wrote 2 meters. The only thing you might think I put in there wrong was HT, which is what the handheld radios are referred to.Either way, you'll notice here: http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/12...r/47cfr97.3.htmThe FCC, and the American system spells meters differently.[[Page 585]] (49) VEC. Volunteer-examiner coordinator. (:( The definitions of technical symbols used in this part are: (1) EHF (extremely high frequency). The frequency range 30-300 GHz. (2) HF (high frequency). The frequency range 3-30 MHz. (3) Hz. Hertz. (4) m. Meters. (5) MF (medium frequency). The frequency range 300-3000 kHz. (6) PEP (peak envelope power). The average power supplied to the antenna transmission line by a transmitter during one RF cycle at the crest of the modulation envelope taken under normal operating conditions. (7) RF. Radio frequency. (8) SHF (super-high frequency). The frequency range 3-30 GHz. (9) UHF (ultra-high frequency). The frequency range 300-3000 MHz. (10) VHF (very-high frequency). The frequency range 30-300 MHz. (11) W. Watts.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired