Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Let's Fly Uk Tour Episode 12 Birmingham to London City

After battling some serious depression and anxiety during the enclosed lockdown I have made a new video for my tour of the UK. This really helped me and i thought I would share it with you. Please take a seat for this short flight from Birmingham (EGBB) to London City (EGLC).

Take care and stay safe

Daz

Edited by Dazkent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Apologies for not replying sooner, Daz! I'd noticed your post, but only just watched the trip over on YouTube.

Glad to see another informative flight and that Tappers Airways is weathering the current storm, metaphorically and actually. Always a treat when Ella Mae is around!

Depression is no joke at any time. Actually doing something you wanted to do (your flight) is a "good thing".

What's the secret to the reasonable frame rates around London and next to no stuttering? Turning off Heathrow and other neighbouring airports? I have UK2000 airports and use VFR Real 3D for photoreal scenery, but it still gets a bit choppy.

(Win 7 64bit Ultimate. 2Gb nvidia GTX960 card, 24 Gb RAM, but still on spinning HDD no SSD as yet so that should help!)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mark

Many thanks for joining us on the flight to London City 🙂. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I have been battling depression for quite a while and the current Covid 19 situation has made the situation worse. Flying has really helped and have definitely discovered my joy of flying again, it really does make me happy that people like and comment on the videos i make.

As for the framerate i was happily suprised at how well the sim peformed as was expecting the frame rate to tank especially approaching London. My rig is set up as per the AVSIM FSX set up guide and i lock my frames to 30. I also reduce the traffic to about 25 percent. I don't deactivate any airports ( i have about 6 UK2000 ones activate currently including Gatwick).

I also run active sky in a way that creates a nice haze effect and have the draw distance set about 70 miles, this really does help with framerates too.  My flight rig is old by modern standards but still does the job pretty well.

Any other questions please to fire away

stay safe

Daz

• Like 1

My youtube channel

Thanks Daz! :cool:

Did you say your next trip should be up north to Leeds Bradford? I think I've got the UK2000 product for that too, so I for one will be looking forward to having Ella Mae bring me an inflight beverage! :happy:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nice flight and I love the introduction of your clips/videos, great work!

Accessory FSX is pretty good.

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you Richard, am so glad you enjoyed it. I am in the editing the video for the next flight,

Must admit despite it's age FSX really does continue to impress me

• Like 1

My youtube channel