Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. In late April, Asobo Studios will make a "Save the Date" announcement about MFS. What do you think the announcement will be?

• The release date for MFS
    • The pricing plan for MFS
    • The addition of VR to MFS
    • A list of third-party developers who are already working on MFS with Asobo
    • The addition of helicopters to MFS
    • The introduction of all four seasons to MFS
    • Something else completely unexpected

Firstly, they are French, secondly, it was meant to be click bait for Avsimmers, thirdly, you guys have forgotten that it's a game that you all are getting upset about. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There have been a few dubious threads since June but this one will get the Golden Palm.

The FS20 team gives us an info we have been asking for months, an info that a developer generally doesn't give in advance, and here we have a thread where people show their disappointment with some throwing a brat tantrum just because it was not worth the label save-a-date !  We now miss the opinion of the sparky fellow and this will be complete. Low tide.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sigh! There has been plenty released by the FS20 team by now. If you are into Farming Simulator 20, you should be aware of that, on their site. 

MSFS & Asobo have also well informed their potential customers re their future plans. This, has also been well published. It's well known, by now, how they incourage pity parties, and 6 pages here prove it. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I had to dig through this thread to even find what the announcement was.  Bit letdown.  Why do I never receive these emails anymore?  Outlook must have their emails nuked, I never get their emails anymore.

Right, Wobbie? I mean a little perspective here, folks. It's not something so egregious...like referring to the game by an unapproved set of initials 😜

Chris

True, but it would be less confusing to use the correct name, and not the name of other sims. It's not that hard, or is it? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Sigh! There has been plenty released by the FS20 team by now. If you are into Farming Simulator 20, you should be aware of that, on their site. 

MSFS & Asobo have also well informed their potential customers re their future plans. This, has also been well published. It's well known, by now, how they incourage pity parties, and 6 pages here prove it. 

Let people call it what they want. No need to police their language. Do you get upset when people call FS9, well FS9 and not FS2004? Or the other way around?

We're on a Flight Sim forum, us common sense, if they're saying FS20, or FS2020, you know what they mean.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 3

Well, Microsoft called FS2004 FS9, I dont see them, or Asobo, calling their sim FS20 nor FS2020., as Avsim has named it. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Either way it's a reasonable nickname, I don't see any reason to get upset over it.

Also only the VR subforum calls it 2020, this forum is just called 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.

Also adding 2020 at the end makes it more specific which version of the Simulator you're talking about. Just saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator" could mean any of the sims.

Edited by Tuskin38

Why have a thumbsucked nickname? Could have been original by not calling it by any other sim's shortend name? Aerofly comes to mind.

Respect for the devs. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

3 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Respect for the devs. 

I doubt they care. The only ones who would care would probably be Microsoft's marketing department.

Edited by Tuskin38

Would you care if members of the forum called you by a different name to stop confusion?

Just asking?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I took a break from Avsim for several weeks because I was fed up with the way discussions are conducted here again and again.

Coming back here just to see this thread which splendidly showcases everything what is wrong with Avsim these days.

To Asobo: Thanks a lot for the announcement of the specs which is a great help for those who are thinking about or planning on upgrading their system. Keep doing what you do!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I'm delighted to see the system specs released, and as it's something people often clamour for, I see it as a big announcement. It great to see confirmed that you won't need a beast of a rig to see the sim with good fidelity and performance.

• Like 2

ChaoticBeauty With all do respect, your wasting your breath on him, he's beyond deductive reasoning. :wacko:

Have a great and safe day! :smile: huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2