Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. In late April, Asobo Studios will make a "Save the Date" announcement about MFS. What do you think the announcement will be?

• The release date for MFS
    • The pricing plan for MFS
    • The addition of VR to MFS
    • A list of third-party developers who are already working on MFS with Asobo
    • The addition of helicopters to MFS
    • The introduction of all four seasons to MFS
    • Something else completely unexpected

52 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Would you care if members of the forum called you by a different name to stop confusion?

Just asking?

On an average day I'm called by many different names that aren't my given name...mostly by my wife...and most of which would be replaced with "word not allowed" by the forum language filter 😂

Chris

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Would you care if members of the forum called you by a different name to stop confusion?

Just asking?

There's a difference between a person and a simulator.

If someone called it a completely different name like "Asobo Flight Game #20" yeah that would be wrong. But FS20/FS2020 is close enough to the actual title it doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

If someone called it a completely different name like "Asobo Flight Game #20" yeah that would be wrong. But FS20/FS2020 is close enough to the actual title it doesn't matter.

And in addition to this, I'm sure Microsoft and Asobo are quite capable of standing up for themselves if they are bothered by the name in any way. I really don't think they need someone constantly derailing topics in this forum on their behalf.

• Upvote 3

Just asking?

They usually do lmao 

35 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Thanks for enlightening... I can see the resemblance between Microsoft Flight Simulator, or MSFS as it is also known on other forums, and FS20 or FS2020.. Makes sense for some.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Personally I'm delighted to finally see the specs for FS2020.  Now I can plan exactly what PC I'll be building for the release.

Some of the posters in this thread though, eewwwwww.

Edited by Mengy
  • Upvote 1

FS20

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it has been stated on here a number of times that FS20 stands for "Farm Simulator 20". :ohmy:

huey1177.gif

Coming back to the original topic of this threat:

I am still confued. Wasn't there to be a save-the-date-announcement only ? I mean, logically speaking, if you announce - or send out - a safe-the-date you give people a clear, fixed date in the future, weeks or month away, which they should save in their calendar. Isn't that the meaning of a save-the-date-announcement? Like: "Folks, I'm going to get married on 6 September 2021. Save the date, You'll get an official invitation later!"

So to me it was pretty obvious, that some time at the end of April (no exact date was announced for that in the DR, by the way) they would announce a date months away that we ought to "save" in our calendar. What else should that be other than the release date?

Edited by joschy66
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mengy said:

Some of the posters in this thread though, eewwwwww.

I’m delighted too. But c’mon, Mengy,  be honest. Deep down inside you were really hoping that this was some huge, jaw dropping news. Huge - like the first time you saw the E3 trailer.  Huge - like open beta starts June 1st. Huge - like releasing October 2020. Am I right?!? It’s ok. You can admit it! No judgment here. 😂

• Like 1

Chris

6 hours ago, jpc55 said:

ChaoticBeauty With all do respect, your wasting your breath on him, he's beyond deductive reasoning.

Clearly you have trouble with deductive reasoning 🤭

Asobo proclaims that we "Save the date" for their important announcement so we should expect something more than "specs"...  You understand? 🤣

Matthew S

14 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Clearly you have trouble with deductive reasoning 🤭

Asobo proclaims that we "Save the date" for their important announcement so we should expect something more than "specs"...  You understand? 🤣

Specs are important.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Specs are important.

Not worthy of "save the date",  IMO and a lot of others.... Look at the poll.

Matthew S

They wrote it wrong it should be “date your save”

Edited by rob0203

On 4/22/2020 at 6:39 PM, RALF9636 said:

I took a break from Avsim for several weeks because I was fed up with the way discussions are conducted here again and again.

Can’t say I don’t understand you 😏... 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam