Sign in to follow this  
jdyoung

FSX - 737-800 Start Valves

Be gentle...After firing up the engines on the 737, the 'Start Valve Open' warning light stays, well, lit.Is this normal? And, if not, what do I do to turn it off?Jeff

Jeff Shields

At the bottom of the overhead panel are the two switches for Engine Start. In FSX, turn them to the right - FLT position - to start the engine. To get the Valve Open warning to go away turn the switch back to the GND position. Hope this helps! :-)

http://www.b737.org.uk/powerplant.htmIt's a pity that they're still doing the start sequences incorrectly. I note the tactful '..in FSX...', well done!FLT is used for an airstart, the GND position is used for normal starts on the ground. IRL, the switch should spring back to off (and the start valve should close as well, although that is often delayed by a couple of seconds) by 46.3% N2 (just done the -500 technical) on the classics, and by 40% N2 on the 200's.I'm really biting my tongue here, MS should have had this kind of basic stuff sorted out a long time ago. They're already leaving out almost all autopilot and aircraft systems, they could at least have got the switches they do have correct, especially as it isn't that hard to do. I'll leave it at that.

I thank you for the info. In any case, I did try jdyoung's instruction from the post above with no luck.So now I'm just doing the procedure within the limitations of the default panels, and then using the Ctrl-E command as it runs it through again (kinda in the background, as it were) and then the lights go out.

Jeff Shields

I'll be darned! I've been flying the DF 727 - almost daily - since it came out and now sorely miss it, so last night I thought I'd try the 737. . I was blaming myself for my inability to get the a/p working. Are you telling me that it doesn't work at all???

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,If you're referring to the autopilot, then yes, it does work...at least mine does. We we're discussing the FSX default 738 start procedure earlier. For some reason, once the engines are up, the start valve warning light stays on.Jeff

Jeff Shields