Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

P3d v5 and Saiteck Pro Flight Quadrant

P3d version 5 won't let me calibrate the Throttle, Prop and Mixture levers. The levers are erratic. When I go to calibrate them P3d v5 does not recognize them. Switches work fine. They work in P3d v4.5 fine. Are there new drivers for v5. If so I can't find them anywhere.

Thank You 

Bill McCracken

First thing for me in every FSX or P3D since many, many years: Disable the Controllers (within the flightsim) and the use of the paid version of FSUIPC to assign axis and buttons.
I never really had a need to calibrate any axis usign FSUIPC.

Even when I tried "LINDA" or "SpadNext" for my old Saitek stuff, there was always a need for me to use FSUIPC in addition.

Ralf

Edited by skystar
  • Like 1

Call it a cash grab if you want, but everyone has to pay bills.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

There is a freeware solution for controller assignment too: LorbyAxisAndOhs. 

The app is limited to only handling controller assignments, so it is naturally a lot less powerful than FSUIPC. But if that is all you need to do, it may be an alternative.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

30 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Call it a cash grab if you want, but everyone has to pay bills.

Doesn’t seem to be the case with many, many, many, MANY other devs...

I find fsuipc indispensable so I have no issue with upgrade fee. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

8 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

You would think that by now, and with so many iterations of P3D, something as simple as handling your controls, as well as being able to save profiles would be something incorporated into the sim....

Really don’t understand the lingering need to require a 3rd party app for this...

Your first comment about P3D may be valid, but if you have a  'personal' issue with Pete, or anyone else, it should be kept that way and dealt with privately. Mud slinging rarely achieves anything useful.

Edited by n4gix
Removed quote of hidden post's defamatory slurs.

John B

I have a registered version of FSUIPC. I have never had to use it for this type of a problem. So am I to belief this is a problem that I only I have? No one else has seen this? I was wonder if the cause was that I have v4.5 and v 5 on the same drive. Or I  have a bad installation.  

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

2 hours ago, macpilot said:

I have a registered version of FSUIPC. I have never had to use it for this type of a problem. So am I to belief this is a problem that I only I have? No one else has seen this? I was wonder if the cause was that I have v4.5 and v 5 on the same drive. Or I  have a bad installation.  

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Version 5 or 6 of FSUIPC? Perhaps V6 will solve the issue?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Something I hadn't taken notice before. When I select calibrate the Windows "game Controllers" window pop's up. Not the P3d calibration window. I now think I have a bad installation. I'm going to uninstall and re install. Didn't notice before till I went to V4.5 calibration. Forest for the trees.

Thank You. 

Bill McCracken

11 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Your first comment about P3D may be valid, but if you have a  'personal' issue with Pete, or anyone else, it should be kept that way and dealt with privately. Mud slinging rarely achieves anything useful.

Mud slinging would be to actually state what happened, which I have not and kept private. It was just a comment that explained my desdain for this extra tool that needs to be purchased.  Sorry to see some folks don't like freedom of speech, I'll keep it in mind. (Also it was not "personal" in that way, it was 100% related to the product and support, which makes it even harder for me to understand how it is ok to write about problems and issues people have with some devs or stores, but not with others...)

Edited by Mgard78

OK - let's stay on topic please.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors