Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

THE X BOX 360 COULD THIS BE THE FUTURE?

No, no no!!!We do MUCH more than gaming every time we fly. Count your applications for route planning, add-ons, sceneries ....NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER give this all in bill gates' hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!stefan

The consequence of all this marketing sermon (spoken without any technical knowledge - showing up the dollar signs ringing in eyes):Get rid of Microsofts software _AND_ hardware, this keeps the world free and the worldwide participation to online networks possible to everyone! We all want to fly with poor countries, poor members in a free and escpecially Microsoft-free airspace. The link of MSFS to a hardware gaming device is directly the opposite!!!ALL your "reasons" of "optimizations" e.g. frame rates are simply not and will never be this evident, especially your 3d gfx things you say![??????!!???] I believe the reason for all this discussion is just DOLLAR DOLLAR, MONEY, MONEY, DOLLAR DOLLAR, MORE MORE MORE DOLLAR, sick of MOREMOREMOREMORE DOLLAR DOLLAR DOLLAR EURO EURO MOREThat's your "technical" reason.It's incredible!!!

Hi Tom,Microsoft could have every reason to support such a survey. You not. Why do you play Microsofts instrument without a reason?Stefan

Hi,> The info regarding NVIDIAs new drivers don't even mention>its effects on FS. I may be wrong,but I don'see it. There>great for all the games.Like Doom,Call of Duty 2,Sniper>Elite,and many others. My favorite of course is "Stubbs The>Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse"> Seems to me ,like I suggested before,Ya gotta follow the>money.You gotta follow free thoughts, not Microsoft. To pay $399 for XBOX then XBOX-FS price, lose all your add on possibilities (which is a f*ck-off issue to all other FS addon software developer), see how VATSIM and IVAO technology brakes down to a Microsoft hardware encoded payservice -> no fs-world for me anymore.If this horror scenario gets real (only FS for XBOX) I really hope, that all FS addon developer (free- and payware) will finally learn, that they've "set on the wrong horse", and change the platform they develop for (far, far away from any Microsoft's influence sphere)-> X-Plane (which I don't use presently) or FlightGear (which I don't use presently) or whatever.Scince now the only Microsoft product I was personally really willing to pay for was the Flightsimulator Software and Win2k. With XBOX-only versions of FS even this will stop.>They,Them,may have done so already.> I think I'll sit back and wait now,enough.I'm glad to know that there were such a lot of people actively fighting for freedom in Game/Office/OS markets.Stay awake,Stefan

That post, not providing us with your first and last name, and the five entries you made before this one, just got your account shut down.

This is directly from the MS website: "...access to development tools for the Xbox 360

I guess you'll be another one who will have to wait and see then.Thanks.*have to go to work today so I won't be able to post until tonight. Thanks for calling me ignorant, btw...rofl.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Sorry ...was not directed to you, but to people in general who think there is even a slight possibility for FS on a gaming console that has the same (and more) functionality as we have right now on the PC. Ain't gonna happen. As you can see, I am passionate about this and explained in great lengths why there will be no FS on a gaming console.I am done posting to this thread anyway. There's nothing to add.

We wouldn't want it to be the same, we just want them to get the basic introduction and have them want to come over to the PC version. That's the trick.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

If the FS10 is optimized for the X-Box 360 hardware, you probably won't need more than 512 MB RAM and 3.2 GHZ processor. You don't have to go to your living room to run FS, monitor/ TV technology have been progressing (much more than the PC side) and becoming more cheaper as time goes on. So when you can get a 36 inch screen that in High Definition will blow you away, probably for a little more than 21 inch LCD, then ! Who knows, what time and technology will bring. All I know, is that I don't want a resource intensive Operating System like XP sitting on top of FS. If the XBox 360 gaming consoles bring efficient and specialized operating environment, then that is where FS 10 belongs. Only time and comparison will tell.The one thing that is getting lost, and the reason why I don't think FS will move completely to XBOX360, is something that was explained by one of FS developer's in his Blog. (I forget which one though) He was explaining why other games were smoother than FS, and while there may be improvements in the future, it probably will never get to be as smooth os other games. In most games there is a limited viewable world that gets completely loaded in memory, so movement within that world is very smooth, since there is no dynamic scenery loading. This is what makes these types of games ideal for these game consoles. FS on the other hand needs to as seamlessly as possible load scenery every so often, since it has to be able to potentially cover the actual world, this as we all know can cause momentary stuttering while the upcoming scenery loads. This would require large amount of HD space for the program, scenery as well as cache space, as well as memory, none of which the XBOX360 has in abundance currently, so I can't see how FS could possibly be ported to the XBOX360. I could possibly see a dumb down version with very limited scenery area geared to the gamers but that's it. Since MS is not one to ever go backwards and start all over from scratch on any thing they do I can't see them not continuing on with PC development, unless the abandon the whole francise all together!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>When Microsoft designed FS9 they had no idea PMDG would do a>747 package therefore the sim wasn't optimized for this type>of add-on. As time goes by with any version of Flight>Simulator add-ons get more complex and thus have the potential>of putting greater strain on the sim (let alone add-on>scenery). How in the world can any of you think a system that>is less customizable than a PC could be a benefit with the>type of add-ons we have today??? Exactly. This is the point that seems to get lost. Fs2004 "out of the box" runs quite nicely on the hardware that was popular when the sim came out. Even better on today's hardware. Take all the addons that most of us throw at the sim, and there is your performance drop.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Lobaeux4

Take all the addons out that most of us throw at the sim, and I would drop out of flight simming.