Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

Alternative to the Honeycomb software for v5?

No telling when Honeycomb will update it's button mapping software for v5...so what are the alternatives? is it just FSUIPC or?

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

No telling when Honeycomb will update it's button mapping software for v5...so what are the alternatives? is it just FSUIPC or?

I just added it in to v5, works fine. In my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder in add-ons.cfg there's an entry for the Alpha Bridge - it is:

[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Honeycomb
TITLE=Alpha Flight Control Bridge Module
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

You can just add this to your v5 add-ons.cfg

Make sure to change the package number to the lowest number available. If there's nothing in the file, make it package.0

That's all, after that it worked for me no problem in v5.

• Upvote 4

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I just added it in to v5, works fine. In my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder in add-ons.cfg there's an entry for the Alpha Bridge - it is:

[Package.1]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Make sure to change the package number to the lowest number available. If there's nothing in the file, make it package.0

You’re a lifesaver. Worked perfectly.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Do you know when BRAVO THROTTLE QUADRANT will be available?

THX🙂

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

On 4/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, cwburnett said:

[Package.1]
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Hi

Mines coming tomorrow to replace my CH yoke that I have had forever, did you have any issues getting the starter switch working, are you using FSUIPC or just the software that comes with the Honeycomb yoke

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

1 hour ago, suchw said:

Mines coming tomorrow to replace my CH yoke that I have had forever, did you have any issues getting the starter switch working, are you using FSUIPC or just the software that comes with the Honeycomb yoke

I just used the software.  It is a bit of a pain with third party airplanes because you need to track down the LVARs in order to program it right, but it works fine with default aircraft out of the box and also with those there are templates for.  I tend not to use the switches and start knob for what they're meant for - i use them for functions specific to the plane. For example, for the Q400, I use the mags knob as a range knob for the nav display.  I use the ALT and BAT switches for the steering on/of switches and the avionics switches for the packs.  It is pretty flexible, but you have to read up on how to assign the right functions. I believe that FSUIPC+LINDA makes this MUCH easier. I'm just a glutton for pain.

35 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I just used the software.  It is a bit of a pain with third party airplanes because you need to track down the LVARs in order to program it right, but it works fine with default aircraft out of the box and also with those there are templates for.  I tend not to use the switches and start knob for what they're meant for - i use them for functions specific to the plane. For example, for the Q400, I use the mags knob as a range knob for the nav display.  I use the ALT and BAT switches for the steering on/of switches and the avionics switches for the packs.  It is pretty flexible, but you have to read up on how to assign the right functions. I believe that FSUIPC+LINDA makes this MUCH easier. I'm just a glutton for pain.

Thanks are you happy with the way it feels, I do use FSUIPC and Linda so all good there

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

25 minutes ago, suchw said:

Thanks are you happy with the way it feels, I do use FSUIPC and Linda so all good there

I am very happy with it at this price point. I came from a saitek yoke. It is precise and of good quality. The feel, as compared with a real yoke in a real plane, is not really a comparison. There is so much different about how a real yoke feels depending on trim and airspeed that I don't even try to compare. There are some really expensive options with force feedback, but I have no experience with them. In the Honeycomb roll tension is low and pitch tension is high, roughly approximating a real plane that is in trim at slower speeds, which is appropriate I think given that most hand flying is done at lower speeds (takeoff and landing).

many thanks coming from the CH Yoke I think il will be happy if it can replicate the slow flight regime in a C172 the CH certainly could not do that, might tempt me to get back into flying, VR is certainly making me think about going back to renew my licenses 

Cheers 

Wayne

Wayne such

Wayne, THX

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"