Sign in to follow this  
snglecoil

Ugh...is this a cruel joke?!?

2 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I know the Asobo team reads these forums so maybe they’ll take pity on us and let us in.

I honestly don't think they'll let me in with me PC specs:

i7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 16GB ram.

It's nothing like what I've been seeing of the accepted testers.

Call me paranoid, but A why is this going to spam? - I mean from Microsoft and B who is sparkpostmail1

headers.

Authentication-Results: spf=pass (sender IP is 147.253.223.243) smtp.mailfrom=sparkpostmail1.com; outlook.com; dkim=pass (signature was verified) header.d=flightsimulator.com;outlook.com; dmarc=bestguesspass action=none header.from=flightsimulator.com;compauth=pass reason=109 Received-SPF: Pass (protection.outlook.com: domain of sparkpostmail1.com designates 147.253.223.243 as permitted sender) receiver=protection.outlook.com; client-ip=147.253.223.243;

Sorry but I think someone is grabbing data on who you are etc.  This may be a simple survey, but really from Microsoft?

I got the survey email today also,

It looks like spam to me.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Plot twist:

Those who are already picked for the next stage of the Alpha got the mail as well. 😉

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 hours ago, ronh99 said:

Call me paranoid, but A why is this going to spam? - I mean from Microsoft and B who is sparkpostmail1

headers.

Sorry but I think someone is grabbing data on who you are etc.  This may be a simple survey, but really from Microsoft?

Sparkpost.com some email service. Yes the link resolves Microsoft.qualtrics.com

i know, not a Microsoft domain but qualtrics is a reputable site and wouldn’t give out a sub domain to a dodgy flight sim scammers

• Like 1

If anyone from MS is reading this, why choose to communicate access to the alpha through e-mails when junk/spam issues are a well known vulnerability? Since applicants had to go via the Insider web page to start with, why not communicate through it? That way no risk of lost e-mails and associated confusion and frustration. Not rocket science and should have been abundantly clear to MS.

I suspect Asobo have had nothing to do with the administration of the Insider web pages and the alpha recruitment. It’s been all up to MS. And it’s been a pretty poor armature  performance so far. Ironic really. Doesn’t bode well for some aspects of the future release and is consistent with their history of poor performance when they were developing FS in-house. Come on MS, get your act together. Your external subcontracted collaborators are really showing you up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Since applicants had to go via the Insider web page to start with, why not communicate through it? That way no risk of lost e-mails and associated confusion and frustration.

Their Insider site is not working well either, to put it mildly. Confusing, slow,  dysfunctional login...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Nothing seems to be working correctly sincerely. I applied for the Alpha day one and never received a confirmation e-mail saying that it had gone through or anything. So basically I don't even know yet if it was correctly registered at all. Also, couldn't join the forums until April this year due to problems with the site. It finally worked using Edge though, but had to find out first.

• Like 3

Worst thing is I registered for alpha through Chrome, and if that failed, which I hope not, then my chances for alpha would had been zero all this time. I don't think so though, as I was able to update my dxdiag in March, and I can opt-out of the insider program as well, but it's very confusing...

Edited by Darcanlos

I don't bother going to flightsimulator.com website. The updates are posted to Avsim within a couple of minutes anyways and here you can scroll through the photos by pressing the arrow button.

I also got this email, and also scoured my junk mail for the alpha invite that I must have "missed". Sigh.

I remembered that there's a way to check conclusively if you're part of the alpha: download the app "Xbox Insider Hub" and login with the account you used, then go to "Insider Content". If Flight Simulator isn't in there, you're not part of the alpha.

(If Asobo is reading this, I still can't login to the MSFS Insider Site with Chrome. I just get the "invalid token" error and have 2 months now).

I have the Email, it`s probably Windows update AI pushing it out by mistake,you never know we may get MSFS pushed out in  Windows update by mistake, after all this is the company that most hear moan about pushing out updates too there PC, That`s me off the insider list Phil just got his pen out.😂

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg