Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

MU-2 in v5

Used the new installer to put the MU-2 in v5. Looks great. These look like new exterior textures? They have a PBR essence!

eDNTBkq.jpg

mtJPMhi.jpg

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

How did you get a P3Dv5 installer? I just re-downloaded my SimMarket purchase and it only had options to put it in P3Dv4. 😢

It's only on the fsw store right now, should be on the other stores soon. I'm waiting for the Lear and Falcon on simmarket

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I redownloaded from Simmarket to install again.

Whilst I put it into P3d v 4.5 the installer had the option of P3d v5

Dave

I tried the MU2-B and its good except when disconnecting the AP it dives to the ground when on approach.

Sean Green

22 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

I tried the MU2-B and its good except when disconnecting the AP it dives to the ground when on approach.

I think we need some more information. Please describe what you do after turning off the AP, for example, do you mean you can't control the plane with the yoke when you turn off the AP? What is the airspeed when you turn off the AP?  What happens if you turn off the AP during cruise?

There is also a known bug in P3Dv5 where a/c sometimes seem to hit an invisible wall and crash just before landing. I don't know if this is related to the AP in any way (you could try hand flying some approaches without the AP to see what happens). Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the Hot Fix that Lockheed Martin is supposed to make available some time this week.

Al

I'm on ILS approach about 2 miles from touchdown just past the FAF AP is in APR mode,  I switch off the YD then the AP immediately the plane dives and I have to pull immedietly to recover back.  I tried the same approach in P3D v4 and this did not happen.

Edited by sgreen91

Sean Green

50 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

I'm on ILS approach about 2 miles from touchdown just past the FAF AP is in APR mode,  I switch off the YD then the AP immediately the plane dives and I have to pull immedietly to recover back.  I tried the same approach in P3D v4 and this did not happen.

What version of the MU-2 are you using? The latest Version of the MU-2 is ver 2.7 which works in both P3Dv4+ and P3Dv5. So far I have not seen any other reports of what you describe happening in P3Dv5.

Al

Edited by ark

It was from PC Aviator version 2.7 according to the site and my download version.

Sean Green

10 minutes ago, ark said:

What version of the MU-2 are you using? The latest Version of the MU-2 is ver 2.7 which works in both P3Dv4+ and P3Dv5. So far I have not seen any other reports of what you describe happening in P3Dv5.

Al

It sounds like the a/c is out of pitch trim when you turn off the AP. Is the a/c in trim before you engage the AP? Once the AP is off, the trim may revert back to what it was before the AP was engaged. Just a thought.

Do you use FSUIPC? FSUIPC has some options for the elevator trim wrt the AP.

Al

Edited by ark