Sign in to follow this  
affvieira

Before start checklist TOGA button trigger.

Hi, could you please tell me what triggers the activation of the TOGA button by the first officer when i start the before start checklist. 

Regards.

Good morning, when i call for before start checklist one of the first actions of the FO is to engage the TOGA button for GA mode, it shows up in the PFD top with green color along with winglvl am i saying something wrong? 

The thing is, in my case sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt and as i am following your tutorial everytime i fly i find it strange because so far i havent been able to understand whats making it to happen radomly. Thats why i questioned you about it. Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by affvieira

Actually, looking deeper at the code,the FO will push the Go Around button after you call for the Before Start checklist as part of his flow.

Codewise, it's a script, so it'll press the button everytime the flow is run.

But if GA mode doesn't show, it probably means your aircraft is not configured properly (maybe Alt selector is not properly set or something, it's been a while since I've used the Dash 8).

Try pressing the GA button manually to confirm.

Edited by byork

Yupp, i assure you that i make the same Captain flows everytime and once in a while the FO doesnt press it thats why its so misterious for me. Yes i press it when it happens.

Its not a problem but it raises my question.

If by any way you find out something about it post it please.

Thanks.