Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

1 minute ago, Reader said:

"Everybody" just means those who wheel themselves out to launch the same old crock of words that they have done ever since once, ten years ago, a CS support person wrote something that upset them.

Absolutely false. It is an excellent simulation unless there is an obsession with which way electricity runs down a cable, in which case there are other developers ready to take even more money to satisfy the demand.

Spot on, sir; I have to believe these opinions are based on their earlier releases.  Today, my CS 757 performs as well as any of my PMDG aircraft.  Yet, if we're being fair, it probably accurate to state the aircraft is drastically overpriced.  I'd wait for their next sale; I managed to 'steal' it during their holiday sale for $25.  At that price, it's probably the best value you can secure for a P3D V4 aircraft....

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Look, the performance and bugs are not horrible - unlike some old cs releases - but performance is a little less than PMDG 737/777/747, and if PMDG made a 767 I would buy it in a heartbeat over a Captain Sim product.

The captain sim 757 is “decent”, but it’s not a work of art.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I have some CS products, going back as far as 10 years.  I have ZERO faith in this.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

I haven't flown the 757 in a while but I never had any performance problems (running in a i5 2500, gtx970, 8gb Ram, in V4 med/high settings).

Same here.

Didn't they already make a 767 a while ago?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Didn't they already make a 767 a while ago?

Yes, but not for P3Dv4+

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There's a lot of commonality between a 757 and a 767-200/300 (the FAA type rating is the same for all of them)...if the CS 767 performs similar to their 757, I'd find room for it in my hangar, though I'd probably wait for one of the sales.  The 757 is not as refined as the PMDG/FSL/Leonardo jets, but it does gets the job done.  If you're a stickler for high fidelity on FMS modes and VNAV profiles and such, it might not be your cup of tea.  I fly it like I flew in the real world, with semi-auto VSpeed-managed descents and almost never using a full VNAV profile descent, so it gets the job done for me.

There are ~125 B767 freighters flying in the big three US package companies (FedEx, UPS, and DHL), and I doubt that number will go down much for some time.  US passenger airlines have around the same number still in service (American, Delta, United, and Hawaiian).

We've been missing out on a 767 for a long time now.  The Level D bird reigned supreme in its era, but that era was FS2000/FS2002/FS9.  The ports to FSX and P3Dv3 left a lot to be desired with the flat low-res graphics.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I purchased the earlier FSX CS757 and I would give it an "ok" rating. One huge deficiency for FSX was there was no Terrain feature, which is absolutely required. I was told by CS to go pound sand and that they were moving on to P3D and forget FSX. Well, I went out and picked up the QW787, which is an immensely superior product.

Not sure how I feel about this.  It's exciting to have the 767 but the current version of the 757 is still a little "soft" and corky.  Wish they would clean-up that product before dealing with this.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I was very skeptical with CS when their new iteration of their 757 was released a couple of years ago, but picked it up when it went on sale.  I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised on not only the performance, but the overall quality of the add-on.  I was an early adopter of their first 757 (FSX) version and I hated it.  The flight dynamics were horrible and the performance was abysmal.  When you stalled that version of their 757, it floated down to earth back and forth like a piece of paper.  Very laughable and I always held it against CS.

If this new version of their 767 is like the 757 III, I don't think you will be disappointed.  However, I hate their pricing model and how they piece meal the variants and make you pay more for each.  If anything, that will keep me away from being an early adopter of the 767.  I'll wait for their annual sale.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

11 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Not sure how I feel about this.  It's exciting to have the 767 but the current version of the 757 is still a little "soft" and corky.  Wish they would clean-up that product before dealing with this.

I mean, it's obviously going to be bad. 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Everyone says the 757 had the worst performance in their hangar. True or false?

Out of all of mine it's by far the worst.  I only have the Aerosoft busses, CRJ, PMDG 777/37, and CS 757.  It's a good 25% worse than the rest.  I only use it flying into smaller airports now.  I also run on a 1060 and 6600k so my system is a bit older.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Before this thread devolves, I’d suggest that those who come just to bash captainsim, or aren’t happy with anything that doesn’t reach “PMDG-quality”, or are writing this addon off before it’s even released and will never buy it, leave the thread and let the rest of us discuss the addon.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Great to finally see the 767 coming to modern p3d. 67/57 are really fun to fly if they are modelled well.  That hybrid between old school instrumentation and automation although the cockpits today have been updated.  I agree with Bob. Dont get all hung up on Vnav so much. Its alot of fun to just manage the descent yourself. Not that difficult to do. You are Vnav.  

That being said, I really didnt like the way the 757 was picked apart for marketing.Base pack sell plus engine variants, plus other configs like the freighter. Quite annoying.  Especially since its not super high fidelity. The 757 was decent. No problem with performance but there were alot of initial bugs. Most got fixed but still. Its not full on study level, so not sure why the price ends up reflecting if you were to add up all the extras.  Lets see if they learned the lessons from the 757 release. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Good posts, both last 2 Daves.👍

• Like 1